Hey everybody, thanks for your prayers and thoughts and help! WE MADE IT! As of yesterday the baby is considered full-term and shouldn't have any problems when she is born!! Oh what a relief! Now it's just a matter of when... funny how for the last 9 weeks we've been doing everything to prevent labor, and now it's just "okay, whenever."
We are getting very excited to have this baby girl- Cadence keeps asking if she's big enough to come and play at our house. (We told him while I was on bed rest that the baby was too little so Mommy had to lie down so she could get bigger. Now she's big enough and she can come when she's ready.) Cade likes to put his hand on my tummy and feel her moving around-- I'll try to get a picture.
Brennan must know what's up because he is having the worst separation anxiety... Michael and I can't leave the room without him starting to cry. It makes bed time really hard. We had him on such a happy schedule and he was so easy to put down for naps and bed, but now it's a screaming fit no matter what we try... hopefully he'll get over it soon. He did go to bed happy last night, which was a miracle, so maybe he's getting back to normal. He is learning new words like crazy-- some of our favorite new ones are "Good Morning" "Thanks" "Heby" (heavy) and "Scriptures" (which he says something like "gurtures" in a low voice). He tries to say just about everything now and is putting words together more and more. It's so fun to watch, and Cade loves it too-- he'll say "Brennan just said _______ because I taught him!" Kids are fun!
Michael has the day off today- Happy President's Day!! He gets to do really fun things like go to the dentist and then go work on our other house and let the appraiser in and sign the lease agreement with our new renters (cross your fingers!). If we're lucky he might get home in time to build the baby's new dresser or something really exciting like that.
Hope everyone has a great day today!
Monday, February 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I hope the lease goes through and the people sign and move in. That would be a HUGE blessing!!
We are excited for baby girl no name to be born...
We hope you have a very fun day.
Speaking of baby girl no name, I heard that that may no longer be true (the no name part, not the baby girl part). I was a little concerned about Allie's brother naming their son Bryson (two Bryce?). I am starting to believe that there is something in the water that is killing baby-naming brain cells in Utah. I politely, respectfully, lovingly object...for her sake.
James and Allie-- no, we have not picked a name yet so you don't need to worry-- there's nothing wrong with the Utah brain cells :) You have to know Michael and I well to know that we throw around a bunch of silly names until the baby is born, then we finally decide. And we try to come up with every possible variation and nickname to the names we like, to see what the elementary kids would say a few years down the road. Anyway, there's a whole list of possibilities out there and we have in no way decided-- I know, we're coming down to the wire, but hey, it just makes it more interesting and suspenseful for the whole family!! Any suggestions will be taken into consideration...
It is amazing the stories that people tell each other. As far as we were concerned yesterday the name Star was mostly dead, but Lori liked it and was trying every way to convince us to consider it again. We both said Star was not enough of a name and we threw out a couple names like Starlie and Starlight but it died right there because we both knew a blond cheerleader girl at ISU named Starlie. I don't think we ever mentioned the name again as a possibility but it sounds like Grandma would like it to be one. FYI: We have several other better names selected for this little one.
--Mike
P.S. Arizona gets a lot of their water from Utah. We pump it into the aquifers when we are done recycling it.
I think it would be an extremely funny joke to tell everyone a weird name, then bust out a normal one at the blessing. Allie says that she couldn't pull off a stunt like that because of what people would be thinking about her. I don't know where the rumor came from, but it sounded serious, and I had to voice my concern (what if there really was something in the water?). I wasn't trying to be unkind, I just couldn't imagine her college application--unless it was for a cheerleading scholarship. Glad we're on the same page. We're excited to have another female cousin!
Congratulations on making it all the way! I don't even know how you guys are surviving the suspense . . . Kadin ended up being scheduled (induced) and now I don't think Jeremy would do it any other way!
I rest my case. :)
Glad your baby girl can come safely any time. Can't wait to see her! We plan on coming aroung March 15ish Lance will work for those 2 weeks in SLC. I thought I might as well tag along. Summer and Dylan will be at their mom's, but the rest of us will be there.
Oh, I'm so glad that Meri is going to visit you! I wondered what would happen if your baby didn't come early. It's nice to have help.
Merilee I heard that you are coming and I get you mostly all to myself!! I am so excited!! Don't worry Sara, this baby will be born long before Mom leaves to help you... unlike some people (like my poor neighbor whose due date is today and no baby yet) I have never yet made it to the due date, and I know we aren't going that long on this one either.... the Dr. confirms that. Just playing the waiting game. Michael is begging me to make it to this weekend, but we'll see what happens! And James & Allie, we knew you guys were just concerned for the emotional wellbeing of our children :) Love you!
Post a Comment