Thursday, February 7, 2008

Baby Update

Well, we got some good news from the doctor yesterday!! The baby is healthy, active and nearly big enough now-- we're definitely past the danger zone.

This Sunday, when I'm 36 weeks along I can officially quit taking the Terbutylene when I have contractions (about every 2-3 days usually). I am very excited about that because although it is really an asthma medication and pretty mild I get every side effect-- pounding heart, trembling, headache, vision changes, sleepiness, so it's not really that fun to take it.

I'm supposed to keep taking it easy (but not strict bed rest!!) for another week and after that we're full term! I think we're going to make it, thanks to the prayers of everyone!! The doctor doesn't expect any problems even if the baby is born next week, which is fabulous news.

So, Sunday is Liberation Day-- I'm going to celebrate by doing great things like going to Sacrament Meeting, feeding, changing and dressing my kids... you know, all the things I haven't been able to do for the last 8 weeks. I won't go crazy doing things, because it's best for the little one to get to full term, but a little freedom from the couch will be much appreciated (Mom is very excited too-- a return to normal life!!).

Thanks everyone for your prayers and help! We really feel so blessed!

3 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Normal life.....my normal life is taking care of you and your kids. What is going to happen to me now? It only takes 21 days to form a habit you know!! I have formed a habit!!

Michaelangelo said...

hahaha, that's nice of you Mom!! But maybe your life will be a little less stressful when you're not taking care of two families and houses and jobs too. Relaxation has it's benefits you know...

Chelsea said...

Yeah for freedom! And yeah for a healthy baby! I was on bed rest with Kadin (like only allowed to get up for shower, food and bathroom) for the last 3 weeks and by the end of it I was going crazy! And I didn't have any other kids to take care of! Thank goodness for mothers, right?