Saturday, April 26, 2008

Project

I promised pictures of last Saturday's project... we finished on Tuesday night. Well, except for the pathway which is my job and I just couldn't work on it in the snow! This all used to be grass until last Friday when the kids wanted to play outside and I decided to start digging out the sod.Here's Cade playing with tractors in the dirt. EmmaRay is in the little swing by the garbage cans. What you can't see is that the wind is blowing about 40 miles/hour. Miserable wind, but a warm day.
Here's the result of playing out in the dirt all day with sunscreen on your face. Look at that filthy mug!
The fence posts got placed Saturday (see the other post with the spider incident), so this is Tuesday night and we are finishing the fence all together. Finally it's not windy, but it's cold. The boys loved helping Daddy- they got to hand him the screws.
Here's Michael having a great time building us a corral for our kids :)
The gate is up complete with a latch, pull string (because I'm too short to reach over the top), and a handle. It looks so great and it's going to be so fabulous this summer!! Home Depot loves us... we just keep going back!

4 comments:

angel said...

I don't have time to comment on all the posts right now, but thanks for posting! I love you! Your kids are cute!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Annie, don't you LOVE cameras? Look at these GREAT memories. All is looking SO good......and you do an amazing amount of work in a day!

Lloyd Family said...

That will make such a HUGE difference this summer. It is so nice to let the kids OUT and run around.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Let's hear it for the boys! James and I sure love home improvement.

I heard the blessing was really nice today. Do you have pictures of your cake?