Thursday, April 10, 2008

Makeover and an Owie


Brennan thought it was a great day for a makeover. Doesn't he look great?
In case you were wondering, he did the makeup himself... he's quite talented at eye shadow and mascara, don't you think?

I went to go get a haircut yesterday- I was tired of my hair having to be back in a ponytail all day every day or be in EmmaRay's face all the time. This is before....
Don't mind the self portrait pose... I know it's not very flattering, but no one else was around.
...and this is after. Michael was quite surprised- he didn't know I went to get a haircut. I left a great big pile of hair on the floor of the salon, about 8 or 9 inches off. I will have someone take a better picture soon, and maybe I'll even do it instead of just brush it and run to rescue the baby from Brennan's love.
And last but not least, my fabulous day of 2 year old makeovers and 2&3 year old arguments just got better... I was eating lunch minding my own business when this pin reached out and bit my foot. Not to gross anyone out, but it was all the way in my heel. I am currently waiting for my Doctor to get back from lunch to call and see if I need to go get a new tetanus shot. Wish me luck.

10 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

You poor baby.......I am sorry about the pin. Ouch! I am also sorry about Brennan......it is a good thing he is SO dang cute, because he is so mischevious!!! His personality couldn't be cuter or sweeter or funnier, really, but he can compete with a younger Marie and Ben for mischief!!! He might even win!
And, I know how cute your hair looks because I was there :)

Chelsea said...

Doesn't it feel so good to get rid of all that hair? I did the same thing last weekend; mine wasn't quite as dramatic as yours, I cut off about 4 inches, but it feels so great!
Kadin got into my mascara once and tried to put it on; he nearly poked his eye out in the process. But I was amazed that he knew exactly what to do with it. Kids pick up so much just by watching!

Becca said...

I love your hair cut, but I'm sorry about the pin. Hopefully it's nothing to serious.

Lloyd Family said...

OUCH! ". . (that) was no fun either." Very cute hair. It is always nice to shed some weight off your shoulders. It is amazing just how refreshing it feels. And what can I say about Brennan? He sure it cute!

Anonymous said...

Ooh!! Your hair cut is way cute! I like it. And that is nasty about the pin. Gross. I'm glad you're not permanently wounded, though!!!
So, um, what's the update on a blessing day for EmmaRay?

Andrea Hardman said...

oww! Sorry that that happened. All of it, except the cute haircut! Talk to you soon!

Lori Thornbrue said...

I hope EmmaRay settled down and slept last night. Poor baby with an owie tummy. That is no fun!

Allie Thornbrue said...

I love cutting my hair because it looks so much healthier.

Good job with the make-up, Bren. My friend's daughter decided she would paint their house with nail polish.

MommaM said...

Your hair is so cute. I love the cut. That should be nice and easy to do. I'm sorry about your foot. Brennan needs to help me with my makeup sometime. He's awesome.

angel said...

Whoa! Cute haircut! That's quite a change. Hope your foot is feeling okay. That's scary.