Today I was out shopping for a Sub-for-Santa gift dragging the three children around town. I was checking out at my favorite thrift store (where else can you get 3 bags FULL of clothes for 3 kids + 1 sub for santa child + husband and self and a few other gifts for $50? I love Thrift Town most days (thanks again Merilee!) but today I was asked by the checkout lady how far along I was. I said "what?!" and she gestured to my stomach. I said "I'm not" then I paid and walked out.
I called Michael and asked him if I seriously look pregnant. Thank goodness he told me no! Good answer Babe.
Granted I have had 3 children in the past four years and I know I still have some to lose from the belly bulge, but I didn't think I had enough to make me look far enough along to have a total stranger ask about it. *sigh*
I have a disclaimer: if I was able to move I would work out, but at the moment we're just barely making it through the basics of sitting, standing and walking (stairs are murder and don't ask about sleeping). Dumb sciatic nerve anyway.
So, my new resolve is that I am buying the 30 Day Shred exercise DVD highly recommended by Jenny Clark (see her blog for details) and I will do as much as I can along with my weekly trips to the chiropractor and we'll see if I can kick the pregnant look AND strengthen my back and legs to see if I can kick the dumb nerve thing too.
Nothing like being asked how far along you are to give you a wake up call.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
There was one group picture taken at Kristen's wedding where I thought BOTH of us looked pregnant! I remember asking James if he thought you and I looked equally far along. (My brother happned to see that one and also noted my large belly--not yours, of course.) I guess that is the price a woman pays when she has kids back to back to back to back.
The good news for me at least, is that I have been fasting so much for our housing situation to work out that I actually lost ten pounds last week. I'll probably regain it over the holidy.
Annie,
She probably thought that you had such beautiful children that you MUST be pregnant, because who would ever stop such a good thing!!!
You DON'T look pregnant. I saw you just a little while ago and you looked GREAT! That person was high or having hallucinations. Seriously butter you look amazing. And I am not just saying that. But if you really want a great work out "Billy Boot Camp" with the billy bands. LOVE it. You get cardio and strengthening all in one.
I saw you very recently too and I have to agree with Brenbren. It never would have crossed my mind. You certainly don't look it to me. But I know that I, myself, never wear baby doll style clothes anymore because I've had the same thing said to me when I was in one. It was a brand new shirt and I went home, found someone who wanted it and never wore it again.
Oof! I hate that! I've never had it happen to me, but there are certain shirts that I won't wear without a vest or sweater over them because I'm afraid of getting that question. My family carries weight right in the tummy region, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ever happens.
If you're looking for a gentle workout, can I recommend Leslie Sansone's "Walk at Home" DVDs? She has you walk in place with some little kicks and knee lifts thrown in for good measure. I do 1-3 miles several times a week and it is really nice without being jumpy and dancey and making me worry about waking our neighbors downstairs!
Oh sweetie!! I have had that same problem....mine was a 5 year old and I had my last kid 7 years ago!! Totally innocent! I too am starting the 30 day shred!! We should compare notes and keep each other motivated!!!
Post a Comment