Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to Cadence!

Yesterday was Cade's 4th Birthday!! I can't believe he is 4 years old already. Life goes by so fast! He was so excited for his birthday. Yesterday morning he woke up and said "It's my birt-day!" He doesn't quite get the "th" sound in there. Michael asked him how old he was and he said "Three" and Michael said "No, you're 4!" Cade protested by saying "No, I'm not four until I blow out the candles on my cake and you say Happy Birthday to me!"

He insisted on that until about noon when we were out running a quick errand to the craft store. We came out of the store and Cade said to me "I'm so big! I'm four now. My legs are SO LONG they got me to be four!!" He then sat in his car seat looking at his legs and swinging them and saying "Wow! My legs are so big! I'm four! Mommy look in the mirror and see how big and long my legs are! It's my birthday!" It was so funny and cute!

We went to the Aquarium as a surprise for Cade and the kids had a great time running around there. We got home late in the afternoon and I decided to put the kids down for a little rest before the cake and presents part of the day. I did not expect the boys to fall asleep by any means.... but we had to wake Cade and Brennan up at 7:30! They missed dinner and Grandma and Grandpa Thornbrue were already here for the little party. Cade was so asleep it took him a long time to wake up. Then they had to eat dinner and let me tell you how excited they were about finishing before cake... good thing they're little and can make up for the lack of nutrition today :)

Cade blew out all the candles on his cake like a pro. He loved his gifts-- more train tracks and a tunnel for the kids train set, a hat, scarf and gloves set (Cade LOVES to wear all his winter stuff all year long), and Chutes and Ladders (which he and Brennan and Grandma played and Cade legitimately won. He was so excited about that "I was the only one who won the game Mommy!"

And THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA for the fabulously soft homemade playdough- the kids were too excited to eat their breakfast this morning because they wanted to play playdough- and for the markers and paper. Perfect presents!!

And, THANK YOU Great Grandma Jo and Great Grandpa Dale and Great Grandma Evelyn for the nice birthday cards with those crisp dollars! Cade loved to get his Birthday money.

On Saturday we're having a little friend birthday party and Cadence is SO excited about that. Wish all of the cousins were closer, because all of you are invited too!

Happy Birthday Cadence! You make your Mommy and Daddy so happy and you always impress us with how smart you are! We love you pal!

3 comments:

Lloyd Family said...

Happy Birthday, Cade!!! We love you and wish we lived closer to come to your party, too!

MommaM said...

What a cute little boy. I love how excited he is about his legs. Tell him Happy Birthday from us.

Brenbren said...

That is so cute and funny! His legs are so big. I love it!