Happy Birthday to Brennan! He turned two years old yesterday and had a fun birthday complete with cake, ice cream and party! Cade was so excited for Brennan's birthday that he couldn't sleep the night before-- he came downstairs at 11pm and said "Is it time for Brennan's birthday yet? Is it the party time?" I told him, no, it was the middle of the night and he needed to go back to bed. He asked for a "stack of stories" but instead I just put him to bed. He asked me all morning long if it was time for the party and "why is it still the morning?" So cute to see him so excited!
The kids woke up in the morning to find this cake on the table:
Sand Castle cake with Chocolate Skittles of all things (I do NOT recommend them, they are nasty tasting!) and fruit slices made into shells, seaweed and starfish.
Sand Castle cake with Chocolate Skittles of all things (I do NOT recommend them, they are nasty tasting!) and fruit slices made into shells, seaweed and starfish.

Then we loaded into the car and went to the post office, dry cleaners (exciting I know) and then had a picnic lunch and playtime at Murray Park.

Forget the play structures, just give them bark chips and dandelion fluffs to play with!
We had friends and family over for a little party for Brennan in the evening.
We had friends and family over for a little party for Brennan in the evening.Happy Birthday Dad! Glad you don't mind sharing a birthday party with a little two year old who stole all the attention! We gave Dad a cherry tree for his back yard.
Brennan got a See 'n Say, Fireman Potato Head accessories and a Fire Engine book, an animal puzzle set, a monkey book and a Lightening McQueen car (from Cade, who was so excited to have him open it that he kept coming to me all day saying "I want Brennan to open the painted Lightening McQueen so I can play with it!"-- Cade has a L. McQ who is covered in asphalt and cactus. Brennan's is the one with the new paint job and white wall tires.)
We gave Brennan (and Cadence by association) a sandbox for his birthday-- it was a hit! It's going to be a favorite past time this summer :) We had to put it in the front yard for now because we just sprayed the weeds in the back and can't play on the grass for the next week.
Cadence, Brennan, Colter, Brennen, and Grandma playing in the sandbox. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for the sandbox toys!!
Happy Birthday to Brennan, happy birthday to Brennan...! It was so cute, earlier in the afternoon Brennan was sitting on the couch just reading stories and out of the blue he said "Happy Birthday Me" He was very excited to be turning "two ones"
And of course, no birthday would be complete without Birthday Spankings from Daddy!





4 comments:
All of the pictures and everything was so great.......but I have to admit, the dimples at the bottom kind of stole the show.
I am glad Cade got so excited. That was really cute. Brennan was darling, also......and Dad was the handsomest 57 year old in the crowd! Aren't we lucky.
How fun! I love the cake. I love making cakes for my kids too and that is a fantastic idea that I may have to steal! Thanks for the idea and the fun post.
How can you keep from laughing when you see that picture of EmmaRay.
Fun cake. I'm sure your boys think you are the greatest!
Oh, wow! What a cute grin!
I'm glad that Brennan (and Dad) had such a fun birthday! How cute to have Cade so excited! We've been thinking about getting a sandbox. Sounds so fun!
Post a Comment