Thursday, May 8, 2008

Bask-a-boo, Cars and a Mobile

Sunny days mean playing outside of course... and what better game than "Bask-a-boo" as Brennan calls it. Of course, it's not always played with such an elaborate uniform, but this day was a classic! Love the sunglasses, slippers and mittens little pal! And of course it's much better when you can actually make a basket, so the slide comes in quite handy.

Here's the boys celebrating Cinco de Mayo by fingerpainting in red, yellow and green. Happy Birthday to Uncle Andrew too! We would have done a pinata or mexican food for dinner or something more exciting, but it was just too much work this year (and we just had enchiladas last week and were in a hurry to get somewhere before it got dark)... good thing the kids didn't know any better! They loved the fingerpainting though!
Cadence learned that red and yellow make orange and red and green make brown... most of his pictures turned out brown :)
Brennan and Cade both LOVE cars. We gave them this little play mat after EmmaRay was born one day when I was desperate for 5 minutes of peace to feed the baby. They love it! Here's Brennan playing away with his cars. They have little car conversations- "Hi Lightening McQueen. Hi blue car. I'm going to the store. You need to say 'sorry' McQueen, you gave the orange car an owie. Mommy! Lightening McQueen said sorry! He's not naughty anymore, he's nice!" That's what Cade said this morning-- similar things are said all day long!
Here the cars are going to watch a football game! Fun times.
EmmaRay "flying" with Daddy last night. She's such a doll.I didn't know that putting up the baby mobile would totally enthrall all three kids, but it did. I went to grab the camera because EmmaRay was loving the mobile, and when I came back this is what I found.
EmmaRay loves watching the animals go around and started crying when the music stopped until I wound it up again. She fell asleep tonight watching it. What a fabulous invention!

Cadence asked me tonight why mosquitoes and ants have antennaes but spiders don't have any. I explained that antennaes help bugs to see better, but spiders already have big eyes so they can see well without antennae. I thought that was a pretty smart question for a little guy. Cade says he wants Jesus to make a huge spider as big as a daddy that can jump way up high in the sky.... I'm not so sure about that!

4 comments:

Allie Thornbrue said...

Funny basketball pictures. I love our mobile,too.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Thanks for posting all the little things that I miss......And, Cade, thanks for going on a date with me, even if you think the movie was a little bit long!

angel said...

I think I'll pass on the spider. We had one in our house the other day that was about the size of a quarter. That was big enough for me!
Elisabeth has a mobile on her swing, but doesn't seem very interested in it yet. She just wants me to pick her up. In fact, she usually just wants to be held. The other day when I laid her down for a nap, she woke up and stuck her lip out so far in a big pout. It was so cute. Then she cried the saddest little cry. She sounded absolutely heartbroken. She got picked up immediately. :)

angel said...

Oh, and basketball looks fun! Your boys are so adorable -- sunglasses, mittens, and all!