Tonight Cadence was saying the dinner prayer and it went something like this:
"We thank thee for Cade, and Brennan, and Mommy, and Daddy home from work, and Baby dumping out all her water and making a big mess, and thank thee for our dinner... amen." Sure enough, Ray had poured out her sippy cup of water all over her high chair tray and self.
Another funny prayer that I've been meaning to write down before I forget- this one comes from Brennan.
"Thank thee for our Christmas tree, and our lights, and our ornaments, and our snowflakes, and our jingle bells, and our star, and our big Christmas tree...." it went on like this for quite awhile. Cuteness!
Our kids love to pray and it's a continual "fight" over whose turn it is. I love how they are so eager, and so thoughtful about everything around them. Whenever we have visitors they always go around the circle of people saying names for "we thank thee" and usually again for "please bless" If they can't come up with the name then they will stutter and think about it until someone whispers the name for them to say. It's irresistible.
So, drop in sometime and experience the cute and entirely innocent and heartfelt prayers from our boys. We kinda love them :)
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yup, me, too!! And their prayers (and comments) are so dog gone cute. I am still laughing at Cade's telling us 'he was just like EmmaRay when he was a baby, except he had a different head.'
Happy every day.
No worries about finding us through the Paterakis' blog...and I hope it's ok if I linked to your blog. That's really the only way I keep track of what I've read and what I need to read. And thanks for letting me know I was saying I was a huge football...I changed some things and I guess I deleted the fan part!
That is pretty fantastic! I think it is funny how they thank for all around them but it's funny that they would be thankful for the mess too!
Post a Comment