The handsome groom:

How did we meet: We met at church in Pocatello, Idaho. Michael came "Ward hopping" against the Stake President's wishes, saw me in the hall waiting for Sunday School and complimented me on my dress. Compliments are always a good icebreaker! I was running for student senate and he was on the current senate, so he offered to "help" with my campaign and therefore got my phone #. Our first date was after I won the election- he took me out to "celebrate" (he openly confesses that he would have taken me out as consolation if I had lost too)
How long we dated before we were married: 11 months
How long we have been married: 5 years already
What is my favorite feature about him: His gorgeous blue eyes and his strong shoulders
What is my favorite quality about him: He is very hardworking, thoughtful, generous, and loving
What is his nickname: Love
What is his favorite color: Black, silver, blue... not really sure about this one.
What is his favorite food: Chicken Enchiladas, stir fry, homemade BBQ chicken pizza
What is his favorite sport: Volleyball to play, Football to watch
What is his favorite sport: Volleyball to play, Football to watch
Who said the "L" word first: Michael did... several times. After a few weeks he finally asked me "When is it going to be okay for me to tell you that I love you?" and I said "umm, now." Now if the question was about the "M" word that would be me. He made me say it first. He said "What do you think? August or December?" "And I said "For what? To get married?" and he laughed and laughed that I had to say it first. We both knew fairly early on that we were going to end up married... it was only a matter of time.
First kiss and where: We had been dating for over a month and we were in St. George for spring break, hiking in Zion's National Park. We read scriptures together at a friend's house before going to bed, he said "Guess what?" I looked up and said "What?" and he kissed me.
Favorite "couple thing" to do: DANCE, but we haven't been dancing I'm sorry to say, in WAY too long (like 2 years)
How many kids: 3 kids, Cadence age 4, Brennan age 2.5, and EmmaRay almost 1. (Reason for the answer to previous question)
Hidden Talent: He is very good at building and fixing things. Now if he only had time.... He is also a photographer, but I have definitely taken over on that one.
Favorite Music: We both mostly listen to country music because it reminds us of going dancing and it's usually mild enough that we don't have to worry about the kids being in the car too.
What I admire most about him: How much he's a family man. His ultimate dream is to have our websites be our income so he can stay home with me and the kids (well... maybe not "home"-- we're thinking that travelling could be way fun too!)
Favorite past time: Selling things online-- something he is very good at doing!
Will he read this: He will if I tell him I added something to our blog :)On our 5 year engagement anniversary last summer (Bountiful Temple in background):

I tag anyone who wants to think about their husband and write down what you love most about him!
4 comments:
That's fun, I think I'll do it. :) Thanks for sharing.
Nice.....we like him, too!
Hi Annie! Remember me?....it's your cousin, Joie Hansen. Hey- I have a few questions for you, regarding your internet business and can't seem to track down an email address for you. Would you mind emailing me and giving it to me, so I can email you back?! :) Thanks! My email is:
joiehartley@gmail.com
Oh- and ps, your kids are adorable!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment