Monday, October 13, 2008

What you don't know about me

I've been tagged, so here's my reply.
List 5 things about yourself that most people don't know.
Tag 5 friends by letting them know in a comment on their blogs.

1. I do not like using bath towels more than once (and I wonder why I have so much laundry!)
2. 90% of the time I sleep until the kids wake up in the morning, usually around 8:15 (this morning they didn't wake up until 10am!! Oops. But EmmaRay slept through the night so I'm feeling great now :)
3. I played with Barbies until I was 14. Probably because I didn't have a life... I don't know if I'll ever give Barbies to EmmaRay.
4. I daydream a lot. Weird scenarios playing out in my mind. If Michael is unexplainably late coming home from work then I usually have him seriously injured in a car accident in my mind. He thinks that's crazy. Usually in the middle of an outrageous story in my head (while I'm busy doing at least 3 things at once) I shake myself and say "That's such a waste of thought! I need to think of something productive!" And that's when I get ideas of things to do for our websites, for the house, for the kids, for the wedding cake, etc. I guess the daydreaming is just my brain warming up.
5. When I was in 4th grade I knew I wanted to be a Marine Biologist when I grew up. I changed my mind or forgot about that by the time I got to college. Well, when we went on our honeymoon to Cancun and went snorkeling I realized something. It scares me to swim with fish. Like seeing them-- they are gorgeous and very cool. I love swimming.... but I do not like to swim with fish. Swimming in a lake is not okay with me-- If you can't see through clear water I don't want to jump in. I have this fear that something unidentifyable would brush against my legs. Gives me the eebie-jeebies.

Now it's your turn Sara, Merilee, Kristen, Lisa, Allie and Mom.

4 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

You did have a life when you were 14.......just think of all of the fun things that you did: plays, and Kandy Kids and (some) school,swimming, and babysitting and family and friends and homework, AND Barbie! Who could have a better life than that??? [Especially with all those fabulous clothes that MY grandmother had made for my barbies.]

Michaelangelo said...

I meant that I had a lot of free time to play.... you know I was quite the home body! And loved it too. :) Always have, probably always will like being home more than with a bunch of people. But I don't play barbies anymore. Too busy!!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Probably a good thing....remeber the lady in Oregon whose house was FILLED with Barbie EVERYTHING? It was a little much for an older lady, I thought!

Lloyd Family said...

I always have Lance dead and burried when he is late coming home. I knew I was pregnant with Ezra when I was following Lance to the zoo and crying because he was "dead."

I did not ever like barbies.