Something about this wedding cake just didn't turn out right.... I don't know what the problem was, but I just didn't like the way they turned out, frosting wise. Although now I have the expert tip on getting cakes perfectly smooth (why I've never heard this before I'll never know), I didn't find out about it until the 5th cake was already frosted and it was too late to change it. Oh well. What the cakes lacked in frosting perfection the flowers made up for, and I heard it was pretty tasty too, so I guess that's all that matters.
This was the whole ensemble at the first reception-- 5 cakes and about a hundred cupcakes. The cupcakes were supposed to be white, but it didn't work out so they got to be frosted orange and yellow instead. Something about gross vs. good tasting frosting!
Chocolate letters for Alex and Kristen Christensen. These letters were a whole lot of frustration because I tried one thing first..... and after two failed attempts that took a whole lot of time and just didn't work out or look good at all, I opted for the easy way which took about ten minutes and ended up looking great. Go figure.

This was the whole ensemble at the second reception.
I found "pearl glitter" that's edible to make all of the flowers shimmer and shine, so that was fun. And as usual I made WAY too many flowers because it's nervewracking not to know how it's going to turn out until the day of the wedding, so I'd much rather have too many than not quite enough. As it was though I ended up using every one because of the 100 cupcakes at the first reception, and the breakage during transport to the second reception. I'll use these flowers again in a couple of weeks for YW in Excellence. So all those hours were totally worth it.Tiger Lilies
Daisies
Kristen and Alex gave everyone a good show by shoving very large bites in each other's mouths. What a cute noodlehead couple!
And here's a totally embarrassing picture of me cutting the cake at the second reception. Thanks for the help Sara! We got all but two layers gone-- one got mostly eaten by the family over the rest of the weekend, and the other got served to the YW because I taught on Sunday.



4 comments:
Wow- i think the cakes are amazing. i am sure the couple were very pleased!
The cakes and YOU are amazing!
I don't know if I ever completely will be able to say Thank You enough!! It was incredible and gorgeous. We loved it. I'm kinda sad that we didn't get to eat our chocolate letters. And Alex says he needs a funfetti cake for our anniversary because we don't have any in our freezer. (Honestly, we wouldn't have room for it anyways). But the 2 bites of the cake we got were completely fantastic and tasty. Thank you so much!!! :)
The cakes were totally amazing! What talent you have.
Post a Comment