Well, today a certain child of mine got extraordinarily creative during the five minutes I was blow drying my hair (see if I ever do that again!). I thought he was being a little too quiet in his room with the door closed, so I went to investigate. I opened the door to find this little man caught red handed with a sort of happily guilty face.
That is petroleum jelly all over his hands and, if you look closely, all over the right side of his head above his ear. What a mess. He somehow reached the jar of jelly on top of the changing table in his room, got the lid off and scooped out handfuls at a time.
This is Brennan's bedroom wall with 1/4 inch of vaseline painted on it. Beautiful job Brennan.
Luckily Brennan had taken all of the blankets off of the changing table BEFORE he was a jelly mess. Do you know how much fun it is to wash petroleum jelly off of hands and walls and heads? It is a sticky and gooey mess. The good news is, Brennan has the softest hands and arms on the planet. The bad news is while I was wiping off the wall (before making Brennan take a soapy washcloth to it himself) the kids went in my room and spread hangers all over the floor (I was in the middle of putting away all the maternity clothes (hallelujah) and getting out the skinny clothes (none of which I fit into...). They soon got bored of throwing hangers, so they moved on to the bathroom. I heard the toilet lid go up and ran in there just in time to see Brennan going fishing with his toothbrush. Disgusting.
Luckily I was able to grab it out of his hands and throw it away before anything worse happened, but he was very upset at the loss of his toothbrush (my kids are obsessed with toothbrushing, wonder why?) Of course, all of this took place while we were getting ready to leave so we could meet Daddy at the bank. Miracle of miracles we were only five minutes late.
Here's our little EmmaRay 10 days old. She's very noise tolerant, which is a good thing because it's often loud chaos in our house... between Cadence squealing (he squeals when he's happy, excited, upset... pretty much all the time despite our best efforts of getting him to make other more pleasant noises), or Cade and Brennan both screaming when Brennan decides to hit Cade (lovely phase we're going through), etc. etc. it can be pretty loud. EmmaRay sleeps right through it. What an angel.
On a better creative note, Cadence is really getting in to drawing the last few days. Here is his portrait of EmmaRay. Gotta love the spiky hair, crooked smiley face and legs with feet and toes. A lot of times he gives his people pants and socks and shoes. Tonight he drew a fish with whiskers, a tail, legs (completely dressed), arms, a shirt and suspenders. He's a funny boy with quite the imagination. Despite being troublemakers and occasionally being grouchy Cade and Brennan are really good boys and we love them so much! The joys of motherhood. I couldn't even be upset with Brennan and the jelly today-- it was too hilarious to see him standing there with a little smile on his face squishing the jelly through his fingers. What's a little grease on the wall anyway?
8 comments:
Oh, Annie........You poor thing!! That is messy.
Joy.
"At least they are extremely cute......"
Sorry I wasn't there to be an extra set of hands. Very sweet children, however!!! Very tiring motherhood!
Emma is reall 10 days old? Where does the time go?
Oh, by the way, Belle is here. Well, I can't say I have seen Belle, but her dress is here....
Mom
Never mind, it was a dolly pops dress that I had seen. I didn't find Belle here. [Allie, the Belle they love is the Belle we bought for Marie, that got left here.....it has been Cade's favorite toy 'forever']
That is SOOOO funny!-- especially since I didn't have to clean it up. EmmaRay looks so grown up already and I haven't even met her yet.
Ezra missed his afternoon nap yesterday, so I put him down at 4:30 because he was crabby. He slept until 3:30 in the morning. I changed his diaper and gave him a bottle and he went back to sleep until 6:00.
Did I sleep? No. My brain was on overdrive thinking, "I wonder when Ezra will wake up?" annoying.
I hate that Merilee- at least he went back to sleep after already sleeping 11 hours. That's amazing!
And we don't know where Belle is... hiding somewhere in the pile of toys. It's really ok- Michael was starting to wonder about our boys.
EmmaRay is already 12 days old today. Time does fly.
Luckily, it wasn't on your carpet. And can I just say how Vasaline ruins grout?
I wondered where Belle went...
Isn't that always how it goes; everything goes wrong when you're on a schedule? It seems like that is the only time Kadin REFUSES to put pants on. I can only imagine what it is like times 3!
Wow! I had a day like that once. I woke up to two little chocolate faces. They had gotten the ovaltine down and had been eating it from the container with spoons. I had chocolate fingerprints all over the house. Then while I was cleaning it up, they ripped up a full box of checks and were having a blast throwing the confetti into the air. There was more, too. I just ran around putting out fires all day. Sigh. It's funny now.
Andrea
Post a Comment