Wednesday, March 12, 2008

EmmaRay Update

EmmaRay had her 2 week doctor appointment yesterday. She is now 7 lb 4 oz (gained a whopping 10 oz since she was born!), is 20 inches long (grew or straightened out 1 inch) and is nice and healthy. She had to be poked twice for the PKU test and another bilirubin check which came back fine.

At the same time I asked the doctor to check Cade's lungs because he has an awful cough (love it when I can have two kids checked with only one copay!). Sure enough, the poor kid has bronchitis and is now on antibiotics. Brennan of course started coughing a little this afternoon, so we'll probably be making another trip to the doctor if that continues, and poor baby EmmaRay has the sniffles also... can't blame the baby for getting sick, since Cade, Brennan, Mommy, Daddy and Grandma have all been sick since she was born. Hopefully the sniffles is all she will get. We'll keep watching her closely.

Aside from that excitement, other things that have been keeping the kids entertained are juice containers that spill nicely by the front door, toilets and too much toilet paper which requires the plunging expertise of two toddlers, and bubble wrap from a package that came today. We have really loved the sunshine and warmth this week so we've been able to play outside and watch the crocuses bloom and the rest of the bulbs pop up.... too bad it's supposed to snow this weekend. Hope everyone is having a great week! Happy Birthday Ezra!!

6 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Annie,
Despite all the 'joys'....you and your house...and your kids all looked beautiful and 'well put together'.
Aren't you amazing!!!???
Hope Brennan doesn't get Bron....however you spell it. Hope I don't too.....I still remember Cades juicy sneeze all over my face!! :)

Chelsea said...

It seems like everyone is getting sick; my sister-in-law and her family all just came down with the same stuff! Hope you all get feeling better!

angel said...

I've thought about asking you for more ideas of how to keep toddlers busy all day. I think, however, that I'd rather Joshua continued to play with his balls and his cars. Though sometimes I get a little tired of playing the same things, it sounds a lot more safe than toilet paper and juice!

Michaelangelo said...

Sara, the juice and tp incidents were when I wasn't keeping the kids busy enough.... when I do keep the kids busy and occupied they are cute little guys, but when they are bored they turn into little tornadoes. Hope you have lots of stuff for Joshua to do while you're nursing the baby. That's when we get into the most trouble. :)

Andrea Hardman said...

I love hearing about your days. Aren't kids remarkable? I know I should stop being amazed at the ingenious things that they come up with but, it just doesn't happen. Thanks for the website. We're doing crafts today from it!
Andrea

Lura said...

I just want to say that I'm very jealous of the size of your kids. For either one of mine, when they were 7 lbs whatever oz. they were about a month away from being born still!

As for the fun stuff keeping the boys busy--yeah. I went to let Jago out of his room from naptime today and found the carpet, wall, nightstand, toybox and Jago all colored red with a marker. Where he even found a marker I don't know.