Saturday, March 12, 2011

Puppet Theater

I had the idea to make a puppet theater for the kids for Christmas. So, I drew out an idea and said "Hey Michael, what would you think about making this?" He took my idea and made it better! Plus he was pretty happy about buying himself a router.

Michael made it bigger than I was thinking of, which is so much better for letting all the kids play at the same time. He also made the cool pointed towers on the sides with the windows there too. Of course December is a crazy month, especially with a brand new baby, so this is what the kids found in the Living room on Christmas morning:
They LOVED it!
I just threw together some curtains with whatever fabric I had on hand, and we got it painted but not "cute" yet. The kids have had a blast playing with it the last couple of months. But I kept looking at it and thinking that I needed to put the finishing touches on. So one day I did :)

I just used a sponge to do the brickwork in a lighter gray. What you can't really see is that I also cut a sponge into a crescent shingle shape and used reddish brown to finish off the look of the tower roofs. And I made the new curtains. We have the puppet theater in the corner of the playroom and it makes for the perfect playhouse! We put EmmaRay's play kitchen behind it. The kids use it like a store, restaurant, house, you name it. Love it!

2 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

It is GREAT!

Amber said...

I have been trying to figure out what to get Easton for his BDay cuz he has everything Noah did and doesnt need ANYTHING!!! But we dont have a puppet theater...I think I will totally copy this if you dont mind:)