Friday, March 11, 2011

Happy Birthday to EmmaRay

We started celebrating EmmaRay's 3rd birthday a little early when Grandma and Grandpa Rigby came to visit.
Grandma brought EmmaRay a cute pink trunk filled with princessy dress up clothes. Here she is all decked out!
We had cake and she got to blow out a candle.

I asked EmmaRay what kind of cake she wanted me to make for her. For days before her birthday she said "I want a pink birthday!" I decided I better do a princess theme, in pink of course! Here is the castle cake I made for her:

This face, first thing in the morning, says that she loved it:
Everything was pink for EmmaRay's birthday-- we had strawberry oatmeal and strawberry milk for breakfast!
We had White cheddar mac & cheese dyed pink and strawberry applesauce for lunch. EmmaRay thought it was so special to have everything pink!!
One of the benefits to having Daddy work at home is that we were able to open gifts in the afternoon all together, and then we had dinner early because I had young womens that night.

She got a kitty holding a star, a Strawberry Shortcake playset and a soft ladybug backpack. She carried them all around for the rest of the day... and for several days after!

Here's the cake all ready for the birthday girl!
She was so adorable while we were singing "Happy Birthday" to her, because she sang it too! She said "Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." We tried to get her to say "to me" but she just laughed and wouldn't.

Blowing out the three candles! Can't believe my baby girl is three years old already!!
Everyone wanted one of the towers to eat:

On Sunday we had my family over for another birthday celebration-- my moms birthday is 3 days after EmmaRay's so it worked out perfectly to make a birthday dinner for them both. We had homemade Chicken Cordon Bleu (my favorite!), mashed potatoes, fruit salad, and scrumptious no-bake cheesecake (from scratch) for dessert.

EmmaRay was given some fun books, a princess coloring book with new crayons and markers, and an adorable pink poodle purse. She carries it around everywhere and sometimes wears it as a backpack.

After dinner I brought out some fun party favors for the kids to play with-- we had party blowers, whistles, sunglasses and a lizard for the boys, a tinkerbell bracelet for the girls. They put on an adorable parade marching around the house.

Happy Birthday to our sweet little Princess EmmaRay!

1 comment:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Darling girl and cute cake. I missed all of that part.......!!!