Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tillamook Cheese Factory

Next stop, after getting cleaned up as well as possible, Tillamook Cheese & Ice Cream Factory!

I lifted EmmaRay up to see all the ice cream flavors and asked her which one she wanted. Her answer... "Pink one!" (She got strawberry, because I didn't think she would like Peppermint!)
Cadence chose Cookies and Cream
Brennan chose Root Beer
Michael and I split a Caramel Praline & Udderly Chocolate (White and Milk Chocolate) Waffle cone. Mmmmmmm! We also got Squeaky Cheese which is always a fun treat, and better just because it was straight from the factory!

That night we camped at the beach and it was SO cold. Worth it though! The kids love sleeping in the tent (in fact, EmmaRay often asks to "sleep in a tent again!"), and they had a great time with their cousins. The wood we had was pretty damp and would not burn for anything, which made it even colder. That and the fact that none of us had brought good coats because it was July for goodness sakes. But, we wrapped up in as many jackets as we had and blankets and sleeping bags and had a great time anyway!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Mmmmm! I love Tillamook ice-cream and tell everyone I know who is visiting the Or coast to go and get some.

Lori Thornbrue said...

It was a TON of fun!!!