Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Let's Get This Party Started

Location: South Jordan, UT (about half a mile North East of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple), about a mile and a half north of my parents house.

Moving Date: Undetermined, although it will be sometime between now and New Year's. (eeek!) Not *perfect* timing with Christmas and all... but we put the offer on the house on 9/5/09 so we didn't think it would take so long, and after we finally heard back from the bank in November we figured they'd take another two and a half months to really sell it to us. Instead they gave us (what was it mom?) 23 days!

The New Place: 3100 sq ft. Built in 2006. 4 beds, 2.5 baths, huge unfinished basement perfect for housing all the business stuff (aka inventory and shipping boxes), .20 acres of unfinished yard (ok, it was finished once but it's all dead now), 2 car garage that our cars will actually park in! And my favorite feature: a toy room for the kids!!

Mortgage interest rate: 4.5% Woohoo!

Mortgage payment: Only increases about $150 from our current house for 3x's the space!

Work that needs to be done on the new house before we move in: total paint job, new baseboards throughout, carpet cleaning and stretching, new carpet in office and master bedroom, garage door opener installed, and buy a new refrigerator... along with a million other things we'll find along the way.

My stress level: Through the roof, but it's all good, we'll make it somehow. I just HAVE to have Christmas be magical and fun for the kids.... and I'm not sure how I'm going to pull that off. So many projects have been put on the far back burner for too long, they're just not going to happen. I just need to let it go.... and get busy painting!

Merry Christmas to us!

8 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

As of Monday, I'll be helpful!

Ashlee said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Best of luck with all of the work.

Ashlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angel said...

I'm so excited for you! The toy room is my favorite feature, too.
Anything I can do from far away to help out?

mead family said...

Wow! How exciting! Moving is always stressful but it's nice to have a little change every once in a while. Good luck with everything I hope you survive it all:)

Lura said...

Stressful, yes, but exciting! So happy for you, and I'm glad you'll have so much space to house everything. You always have so much on your plate, you amaze me.

Kristen said...

We'll be there from the 26th to the 4th. Put us to work!!!

Lloyd Family said...

How fun! Can't wait to see pics of the new house.