Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Advent Calendar

I made an advent calender for the kids this year using mini chinese takeout boxes. It's hung across the windows right by the Christmas tree. We open the box number for the day and find things like stickers, a new ornament for the tree, little treats, stamps, puzzles, etc. The kids love it! It was super easy to make too :) I love it when the ideas in my head actually turn out right!

16 days and counting!

6 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

And it looks SO darling....I was actually 'jealous' that I didn't think of it myself, to do with all of you when you were little. You would have LOVED it! So cute.

Lisa Thornbrue said...

That is so fun!!!!

Lura said...

If I haven't said this before, I've been slacking: You are so creative. What a cute idea.

Andrea Hardman said...

I LOVE that idea. I'm putting on my "do" list for next year. I got off late for our cross country trip so I had Heidi put the giveaway packages in the mail. They went out this week, though so I think it should be there or will be soon. Sorry for the delay!

Lloyd Family said...

Great idea!! I saw one last night with clothes pins and a service attached, or a scripture to read, or a Christmas story to read, with a treat when they had accomplished the task. Good idea for when the kids get a little older.

angel said...

That turned out so good! It's really adorable! What a good idea!
Meri -- I like those possibilities, too. What clever sisters I have!