Five minutes later he called again asking me to come home.

The black line under the nail is not just a fluke of photography. It's a piece of our fence.
Michael had taken the kids out in the backyard to play after dinner and he was pulling some weeds from our garden when OUCH! he got a splinter from our fence under his fingernail. He was able to get a few flakes of it out before I got home, but soon realized that he wouldn't be able to get it out himself. So, where did he go?
THE INSTACARE!!!!!
He had to wait for an hour and 20 minutes in the waiting room before they took him back (I took the kids back to YW's because I didn't think they needed to visit the Dr again). The nurse & the doctor both said "piece of cake" when they saw the splinter. Michael said "If it was a piece of cake I wouldn't be sitting here."
They gave him 3 shots in his finger to numb it which he said was extremely painful, and then took the splinter out. The Doctor expected it to come out in one piece. Twelve pieces later he had to go get another tool to lift up the nail a little bit so he could fish out the last of it.
The doctor kept offering Michael more lidocaine injected into his finger but he opted out thinking that was more painful then feeling the splinter surgery.
Once it was finally out the Doctor offered Michael a Lortab prescription, but he opted out of that too. He took Tylenol when he got home, and he was thoroughly expecting throbbing pain for the rest of the night and for the next few days. So far though, he's escaped with only a little pain & annoyance. It's on his left hand index finger, so it makes it a little hard to type today at work.
Michael asked the Doctor if he could get a frequent visitor's discount... but, no dice. (Michael just read this post and said that the Doctor did say he would make a note of it and maybe we could get a room named after us or something.)
Michael also says that, although it wasn't bamboo sticks, he now knows what Chinese torture would feel like, and he doesn't recommend it to anyone.
The saga continues....................
4 comments:
Ouch, ouch, ouch. I hate things like that!
OUCH!! I can't believe you guys were back in the instacare. What drama.
Isn't "Instacare" a swear word at your house? I know it is in mine right now. :( I'm glad they were able to get it out. Poor guy.
That couldn't have felt good :( Wesley had surgery a couple of months ago to remove a 2cm sliver from his little hand...who'd have thought slivers could be so troublesome?
Post a Comment