Saturday May 31st:
Start the day by going to Grandma and Grandpa's house to help move a pile of dirt, rake it smooth, roll it flat, etc. getting ready to be hydroseeded on Monday.

Next, borrow the truck and go pick up a tiller from the Clark's (THANK YOU!!). Take it home and drop it off in the backyard, then, without even getting the kids out of the car, go to the "Carpet Barn" and buy new carpet for the rental house's basement room that flooded a week ago. We got $30/square yard "frizze" carpet for $3.99 a yard-- it has a white stripe down the middle of it, but the installer said he will cut that out and seam it together. Good enough! Then we came home and I made dinner while Michael took the truck over to pick up the carpet and pad. We ate dinner and then Michael tilled our yard while I planted some plants and the kids played on the deck.
Here's Brennan watching Daddy till the rest of the pathway so I don't have to dig out all that sod! Hooray!
Michael tilled our whole garden, the pathway area, and the spot for the pool. Maybe our yard will be done someday....After that was done we loaded the tiller back into the truck and Michael took it and the carpet over to the other house to dump it until we can start on relandscaping the backyard over there next week, and for the carpet installer to come on Monday. He was hoping that the tenant would be there to help him unload the tiller, but I was on standby to come over there just in case. Well, the tenant was there, but the swamp cooler was leaking, so Michael called me to bring over the ladder and tools. So, I loaded up the kids in their PJ's (it was almost 9:00) and went over there.
Michael fixed the swamp cooler while I pulled weeds and the kids slept in the car-- that house has a loaded apricot tree and several gorgeous wild rose bushes that we didn't know were there. We are thinking about transplanting some of the roses over to our yard, and we'll definitely be taking apricots when they are ripe.
Then we left there and FINALLY headed back over to Mom and Dad's to return the truck after a stop at the gas station to fill up... at 10:30 at night. The kids all slept from the time we left our house at 9 until we got home at 10:45. Poor babies!


We almost got everything on our list done that day... and the rest will happen today or later. You know how it goes.


5 comments:
Wow. That is pretty crazy and busy. Good work, though! That's fun!! Merilee and I are going running tonight. That's the most active I've been in a while.
Slacker!!!
We've been busy in our yard, too! It feels so good to work hard and see some results. Our deck has been preasure washed and restained-- looks brand new, we have a new retaining wall filled with dirt. Next comes more dirt and grass. I made a beautiful pot of flowers and dricks to go underneath. We still get to paint the house this summer and keep pulling weeds. There's always something.
Merilee, Kristen can help ppaint. When I was 15, the summer after my dad died, my mom and I painted our whole house (the bellevue house). that was quite the project for the two of us, but we did it.
Annie and Michael, thanks for all your help.
We really will 'repay' someday.
Sweet little tired babies.
Repay what Mom? You helped us move dirt at our house already!
Sounds like a busy day, indeed! I love working in the yard.
Post a Comment