Monday, January 21, 2008

Cakes

Cade's Car Birthday Cake-- for his 2nd Birthday.


Cade's "Ooga" Cake-- for his 3rd Birthday
Why I couldn't find the birthday candles I'll never know, so he got 3 tealights to blow out.
Brennan enjoyed the Elephant-- this is his picture smile. No wonder his nickname is Cheezit.Brennan's 1st Birthday CakeYummy! The aftermath required a bath.Jenna's wedding cake. Allie told me I could do it.... and somehow we pulled it off!The top layer's flowers.

We haven't taken a lot of pictures lately, and the ones we have taken aren't on this computer yet, so I thought instead I'd post some pictures of the cakes I've made-- I don't think I ever showed anyone the wedding cake I did for Michael's sister Jenna, and then the kids birthday cakes. I'm not very talented but I think it's fun. The flowers on the wedding cake are all made of gum-paste and are colored with chalk (the key limes and chocolate are real).

5 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Annie, I love the pictures of your cakes. Of course I saw the flowers you were making 'in progress'.....the only other cake I saw in person was the Elephant! Where were we on all the other birthday? Cute cakes!! Love, Mom

Allie Thornbrue said...

I think I told you on the Rigby site that your cakes turned out really well.

I think the picture of Brennan in the high chair is so sweet.

Lloyd Family said...

Those cakes are beautiful! Lance and I have had a lot of happy memories making cakes for the kid's birthdays. One of our funniest memories turned out to be a disaster of a cake-- the cake just wouldn't stay together when we frosted it. We were making cupcakes into animals. We laughed SO hard as they litterally crumbled into a million pieces. The next moring I made a new batch of cupcakes and let the kids decorate them for a fun activity during the party.

Lloyd Family said...

Annie and Michael-
I thought of another way you guys can make money on the internet:
Create a sight that does back ground investigations for perspective tenants. Typically, if you have an account with a company to pull a credit/ criminal file it is pretty inexpensive. Then you can make a few phone calls to past residneces. Charge $25-$50. Viola! Money in the bank!

Lloyd Family said...

Cute bows on your website!! You look so professional! I heard on the news today of a shoplifting sting that the estimated $100mil in stolen product-- beauty items, over the counter meds. . . Its really sad that the internet can be used for real product and homemade goods, and also for scams and stolen property. By the way, did you ever figure out what the prickly green monsters are that I sent home with mom and dad at Christmas?