Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter!

As a family we celebrate the fun parts of Easter on Saturday-- the Easter Bunny comes and leaves baskets on Saturday morning, we have an egg hunt, dye eggs and play together.  We do it Saturday so we can be reverent on Sunday and think about the real meaning of Easter, which is the Resurrection and Life of our Savior Jesus Christ.

We had a wonderful, low key Easter this year.  Easter baskets filled with treats and toys, an indoor egg hunt, bubbles, playing in the sunshine, crepes for breakfast, homemade pizza for dinner.  

(The weird bright spot on Brennan is from the windows in our front door.... sorry about that!)


In case you couldn't tell... I like decorating my living room for each new holiday or season.  I try to make something new for most holidays just to mix things up a bit.  I made this Easter sign a little late in the game (I finished it yesterday, but hey, it'll look cute next year right?).


We surprised the kiddos with two baby ducklings.  They named them Quack Attack (yellow) and Quackers (brown).  The kids love them and it's been so nice out that they've been able to play out in the backyard a lot.  Zipper tolerates them.... even let them climb over her without growling.   

Here are the kids having fun dying Easter eggs.  Aaah, the simple joys of childhood!
 
I made cinnamon rolls with jelly beans on top to eat with our hard boiled colorful eggs for breakfast on Sunday morning.  Michael and I sang in the ward choir, my mom came to play the flute with us for one song (it was BEAUTIFUL Mom!! Thanks again!), and the kids sang a song with the primary.  Cade gave a talk on Easter in Primary.  Michael taught the Young Men and Young Women about making choices and Jesus Christ's Atonement.  I made them zebra striped cupcakes with a very girly poem attached.  Michael made sure to tell the youth that he didn't come up with it.  They said "Choices aren't always black or white, but whatever you do, choose the right."  I admit it, I'm cheesy like that.  But I hope they enjoyed the cupcakes.... and the lesson.

I got the boys new ties a couple of weeks ago (they learned to tie them by themselves- one step closer to missionaries!).  I made the girls Easter dresses and was proud of myself that I actually finished them on Wednesday-- no late night Saturday night hurrying to finish them.  No photoshoot yet, but I did snap a few this morning before church when their hair still looked done.
 





Michael's parents came into town (from a cruise!) late Saturday night and were able to spend today with us, and both Katie & Jenna's families were able to come for the afternoon and a yummy Easter dinner.  Thanks again Katie for the DELICIOUS jello-pretzel salad/dessert and Jenna for the SCRUMPTIOUS rolls!  Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.  The pineapple teriyaki ham, cheesy potatoes, orange creamsicle fruit dip and vanilla raspberry trifle weren't too bad either.  I need to work out extra hard this week!!

Adelynn fell asleep on her chair during dinner.... it was too adorable.  I carried her up to bed to finish her nap and she didn't even stir during the transfer. 


 There's our Easter in a nutshell.  Hope you all had a wonderful Easter surrounded by family, fun memory-making and most importantly the knowledge of the wonderful gift our Savior has given us!

2 comments:

Lisa Thornbrue said...

Absolutely adorable! Love love the girls' outfits.

Unknown said...

So cute......sorry we had to miss your whole Easter. (Except for part of Sacrament meeting). I thought the flute part went okay. I was trying to be brave for Brennan! At least I didn't make any mistakes :)
The dresses are darling, so cute. Everything looked lovely.