We had big plans for this Easter weekend. Big I tell you. The Easter Bunny came on Friday just so we could enjoy that all day and then leave early Saturday morning to go spend the weekend in Logan visiting family, seeing baby animals, swimming at a hotel, lots of games and yummy food.
Instead everyone except Cade and Adelynn is sick sick sick. And Adelynn is teething. EmmaRay and I were the sickest on Tuesday and Wednesday. We are slowly recovering and were trying to look at the bright side-- I lost 5 lbs! We saved $$ on groceries! And then Michael started not feeling well Thursday night. So much for our fabulously fun Friday Easter Bunny day.
The kids did have a blast opening their Easter baskets and hunting eggs all over the house, but the rest of the day was really low key and the kids didn't play like they were feeling great. Sure enough by dinner time Brennan was looking pale and had a fever. I was up with him all night. The poor little kid was throwing up and screaming "Mommy I HATE throwing up!! Take me to a doctor right now!!" I said "Sweetie I hate it too and I'm sorry but there's not a doctor that could help you right now." He said "Then GET ME ONE!!!"
This morning as I was getting ready for the day Cade came into the room and was playing with Adelynn. After a few minutes he said "Oh yeah, we're leaving today!! Mommy, when do we get to go?" I had to tell him the bad news. Cute little boy he tried to be so brave but his bottom lip was quivering. What a disappointment. I snuck out to the store with the little girls for some basics like apple juice, ginger ale and crackers and brought home the movie "Tangled" as a surprise. That salvaged some of the day at least.
Tomorrow we will be having Easter Sunday at home. We'll watch Music & the Spoken Word in the morning and have a little primary lesson. We'll think about the true Easter and how blessed we are to have the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ. And hopefully we'll all get better.
Much love to all our family and friends-- wish we could celebrate with you this weekend, but instead please please please stay far away!
Saturday, April 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey, I have Sharing Time tomorrow and we are having an Easter Egg hunt. Some of the eggs will have the pictures of the Resurrection story (Gesthemene, Crucifixtion, Tomb, Mary and the tomb, showing his wounds)so the kids find the pictures, put them on the bored in order and tell the story. That was my way of having a "fun" Easter that they might enjoy and still telling the "True" meaning...I bet your kids could totally do that at home too:)Sorry, Hope you feel better and next time you make it this way come see us to:)
Yeah we were pretty bummed too! I was liking that swimming idea. You need to get Adelynn on the right side of your blog with a picture of her!
So sorry! Hope you are all in tip top condition soon.
Get well quickly, we miss you!!!
Post a Comment