Conference Saturday was warm, windy, but overall pretty nice. The kids had a blast running around in the backyard playing soccer and doing relay races. Sunday we woke up to this:
Yes yes, that is about 8 inches of snow. And look at the poor apricot tree that dared to have it's popcorn out the day before, all bent over.
Keeping with tradition we had a big buttermilk pancake breakfast with bacon, sausage, caramel syrup and peach sauce. I made these strawberries:
DELICIOUS! I recommend that everyone try these someday. To make these cut the tops off the strawberries so they will stand up, then cut an X from the tip down about halfway. Take a pastry bag with a bismark tip (ideally... I had company sleeping in the basement with all of my supplies, so I did these with a good old ziplock bag with the corner cut off) and squeeze the filling in. The cream filling is 1/2 package cream cheese, softened, powdered sugar (enough for the consistency you want) and a tsp of Almond extract. YUM!
I didn't take out the camera much this weekend, but I did catch CindeRaylla washing the table before a meal.

Is that cute or what?
We loved conference spent with a lot of family, way too much yummy food, and excellent speakers.
Keeping with tradition we had a big buttermilk pancake breakfast with bacon, sausage, caramel syrup and peach sauce. I made these strawberries:
DELICIOUS! I recommend that everyone try these someday. To make these cut the tops off the strawberries so they will stand up, then cut an X from the tip down about halfway. Take a pastry bag with a bismark tip (ideally... I had company sleeping in the basement with all of my supplies, so I did these with a good old ziplock bag with the corner cut off) and squeeze the filling in. The cream filling is 1/2 package cream cheese, softened, powdered sugar (enough for the consistency you want) and a tsp of Almond extract. YUM!I didn't take out the camera much this weekend, but I did catch CindeRaylla washing the table before a meal.

Is that cute or what?We loved conference spent with a lot of family, way too much yummy food, and excellent speakers.
2 comments:
The food was DELICIOUS, beautiful, and the company better. Ray is darling.
Ha! I love Cinder-babe putting her whole body into the table wiping. Too cute!
Post a Comment