Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Haircut

Sunday night EmmaRay had a pair of scissors in her hands. I asked her to go put them away because it was bedtime and we don't play with scissors. Five minutes later I went upstairs and found her hiding in the boys room... with a haircut. It took awhile for her to show me where she had cut her hair, but she finally took me to the scissors and sad pile of cut off hair in the toy room behind the puppet theater.
Before the haircut she had two whale spouts in her hair. Here is the after:
One side is about an inch and a half long, the other side is about four inches. Thank goodness the rest of her hair was pulled back too.... and that she didn't cut to the scalp!

My dad thought it was hilarious that I grabbed the camera and took pictures. I say that's the only way to laugh about it later and have proof for posterity's sake.
I still need to take her somewhere for a haircut to even things out so she can look cute again. Brennan has cut his hair twice, but fortunately boys can get a buzz and look fine. I'm still working on how to fix little Miss Ray. I hope she learned her lesson!

2 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Actually, she is still darling. Especially with the pout!

Lloyd Family said...

Love, Love the little pout. I kind of like it when my kids know they are in "trouble" before I even have to say anything!!