Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Time is Running Out...

Item 15: No pictures for this one, but it was a large project.... during the last two weeks I finally got all of the baby clothes out, washed, put away, crib and changing table set up in our room, carseat washed and put back together, bouncy seat and swing washed and ready to go... now all we need is a baby!

Item 16: Pack a hospital bag. I don't know why I always put off packing a hospital bag, maybe because it means it's so real and soon... but I finally did it on Sunday morning. Probably a really good idea seeing as how I spent 5 hours last night with contractions and we were wondering if we'd make it through the night without a baby (contractions were 5-7 minutes apart and then stopped cold turkey at 11:30pm). For the first time in all of our kids Michael actually added some stuff for him to the hospital bag last night-- at least a toothbrush and a change of clothes. Poor hubby's have it rough in the hospital too!

Item 17: Finish making decorative throw pillows for my room. This project has seriously been in the works for 2 years. I bought the fabric and embroidered the brown flowers on the blue silk almost two years ago.... then got really intimidated by actually finishing the pillows because I was afraid they wouldn't turn out well. (FYI, I got the pillow forms at Ikea for $3 each!)

Michael spent about 3 hours on Saturday taking apart my sewing machine, figuring out what in the world was wrong with it, and fixing it for me. What a great husband! Sunday evening he said I should sew something just to make sure it was really fixed. So, I brought out this fabric and finally made the pillows! (The really pathetic part is, after waiting 2 years to be finished it took me a whopping 3 hours or so to make all five pillows...)And I love them sitting on my bed!!

Item 18: Reorganize the kitchen. Because we got the pot rack a few weeks ago I have empty cupboard space. And you know how when you move in to a new place you put everything where you think you want it to go, then a few months later you decide you want it somewhere else? Well, that's the way our kitchen was. Now, aside from the cupboard where my recipe books are, the lazy susan that needs to be filled with canned goods from the pantry, and reorganizing a couple of pantry shelves after the cans are out, the kitchen is reorganized. And everyone who WAS familiar with where things were in the kitchen (for example, the silverware) now has to get reacquainted. The last major part of this project I did today:
The great part is, the refrigerator is clean! The bad part is, I went grocery shopping this morning, then cleaned out the fridge before I put the groceries away, and now it looks so empty!

And to prove that I'm not always about projects and am occasionally a fun mom, the kids and I made these Acorn treats today just for fun!
Aren't they adorable? And tasty too! They are just donut holes dipped in melted chocolate frosting, then rolled in Heath toffee bits and topped off with a pretzel stick stem.
Don't they just say "Fall" to you?

2 comments:

Messimoo said...

Super cute! Lady you are AMAZING!!!

Lori Thornbrue said...

You are amazing...the treats are cute and your pillows are beautiful.