Thursday, September 16, 2010

The List

A few weeks ago I started a list in my head of things I would like to have done or need to have done before this baby comes... it didn't take long for me to realize the need to write the list down because it was just too long.

Time is running short.... so I made a goal to work on something on the list every day, whether or not I finish it in that day doesn't matter, so long as I work on it. I started working on a bunch of the projects, and worked on them, and worked on them..... but wasn't able to check anything off until this week!

Item 1: Plant 5 fruit trees in the backyard. We went and bought 3, got those planted, then had to search every nursery in the Salt Lake Valley to find the right variety of apple to be a pollinator for the first one.... finally found one and got the final 2 trees last Saturday and got them planted. Check!

This is what our backyard looked like at the beginning of the year:
Pretty barren and desolate if you ask me....
And this is what it looks like now!

Jonagold Apple, Peach, Apricot, Nectarine, & Fuji Apple trees. Maybe we'll get fruit in 2-3 years?

Item 2: Make the kids each a bean bag chair. I had a brilliant idea a month or so ago to make the kids a bean bag chair so they would have a fun spot to read in their rooms. But, not just any bean bag chair. These ones are made to double as storage!! They are not stuffed with packing peanuts, instead they have a zipper in the side and are stuffed with the kids stuffed animals and extra blankets. Now their rooms don't look cluttered with a million stuffed toys, but they can still keep all of their favorites!

The kids helped pick out the fabric at the store-- they match their rooms perfectly! I finished the boys bean bag chairs a week ago, but EmmaRay walked off with her zipper and I just found it and finished hers this afternoon.
EmmaRay was asleep when I was taking this picture, so the 3rd kid is my nephew Joshua.
Check!

Item 3: Go through the kids dressers and closets and get rid of everything that doesn't fit or look good anymore.... I did this one yesterday. It took me all day, but I finished it for all 3 kids. Check!

It feels good to check these things off the list.... here's hoping I can keep getting a bunch of projects done!

8 comments:

Frisky Fiskies- said...

Awesome! I wish I had half your energy!!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Aren't you tricky!

Lisa Thornbrue said...

I love the beanbags! They look great! Miss you--it's been awhile!

Becca said...

Yeah, I need to do that too! Where did you get that pattern for the bean bags? I've been wanting to get the boys something like that but I like your idea!

Lloyd Family said...

Cute idea! They turned out very cute! You are so crafty!

MamaD said...

What an inspiration you are! I wish I had that energy and motivation and I just have one toddler!

Rachel Hansen said...

Those look great! We just bought our beanbags. Yours are much more cute.

Brock and Kristina said...

Your yard looks goregous. And I'm VERY jealous of your fruit trees. And I LOVE your bean bag idea. I want to do it too! Did you follow a pattern or make it up as you went? Taylee has a gazillion stuffed animals/blankets. Give me some pointers!!! brockandkristina@yahoo.com
Good job!