Thursday, April 22, 2010

Teriyaki Aloha Burgers

Wish I had a picture of this stack of yumminess, but this is the recipe for what I made the other day... thought you might all enjoy it as the warmer weather hits.

Teriyaki Sauce

1/4 C Soy sauce
1/2 C water
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp garlic powder
5 T Brown sugar
1-2 T honey
Pineapple juice from 1 can of pineapple slices
2 T cornstarch mixed with 1/4 C cold water

Mix all ingredients except cornstarch in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in cornstarch/water and boil to thicken. Use sauce to marinate and grill meat and pineapple slices.

Ground beef made into hamburger patties- you can marinate in the sauce, or slather the grilling burgers with the sauce as you go. Also grill the pineapple slices doused in the sauce.

To make the Aloha Burgers:

Toast hamburger buns with a little butter in the oven until butter is melted and bread is slightly toasted. Spread mayo on one, then stack with teriyaki burger, pineapple, a slice of swiss cheese, bacon, purple onion, and lettuce. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Good luck getting your mouth around this one!

4 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Sounds delicious......
Now can I use Dole pineapple or does it have to be DelMonte (j.k.) :)

Allie Thornbrue said...

I needed a good recipe for that. Thanks.

Stephanie said...

I'm completely full from dinner, but my mouth is watering at the sound of this. Did you marinate or slather? If I marinate, how long do I let the patties sit in the sauce? I'm excited to try it out. Thanks for posting.

Michaelangelo said...

Stephanie- This time I slathered because I was in a hurry.... but sometimes I marinate the patties for 30 minutes or so in the fridge. While I'm grilling the meat I marinate the pineapple, then grill that for a minute too. My hubby likes to add more sauce to the finished sandwich- he likes it strong. It's one of our favorites for a summertime dinner. Enjoy :)