We warmed up in the sun, played in the water, walked down the beach and got hassled by the local vendors who weren't allowed on the right side of the pier...
Michael joined in a couple of games of sand volleyball while I read and soaked up some sun, then we played frisbee for a while and had a great time playing in the sand and sun.
Sometime during the first two hours on the beach a boy was out in the water (where we had already walked) and he stepped on a sea urchin. I offered my little bit of medical training if needed, but the dad was a paramedic and had everything under control... an hour later the kid was up and running again, so I guess he was okay.
Then we decided to build a sandcastle, cuz that's one of our favorite things to do with the kids at the beach, so we thought they'd like a picture.
Overall it was a nice day in the sun and we loved the palm trees. The water was disappointingly green, murky and full of palm fronds, coconuts, and floating seaweed, and you couldn't walk out more than 10 feet without fear of sea urchins, but hey, we're in the Caribbean, so who cares!
3 comments:
That looks so fun! Ben and I are big fans of cruises. They are so relaxing. I'm a little jealous of you right now. :) I'm glad you had fun and didn't have to visit the ER at all while on vacation! ;)
It does look beautiful.......
How fun! What a beautiful place!
Post a Comment