Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snowboarding

Daddy had the day off on Friday, so we decided to make it a play day in the snow! We packed up all our snow gear, borrowed some from grandma and grandpa, went and bought a plastic snowboard in Cade's size ($20 to rent for the day or $50 to own... we figured we'll use it enough with 3 kiddos), and then drove up to Brighton. We had the bunny hill to ourselves all afternoon! Even though the magic carpet wasn't turned on so we had to hike up the hill every time we had a blast! The kids lasted a lot longer than we thought they would-- I was prepared to keep at least Brennan and EmmaRay occupied in the lodge if I needed to. But instead we were all together in the snow all afternoon.
On the way up the mountain!
I can't put my arms down! Actually, her problem was that if she fell down she couldn't get up!
Brennan's favorite things to do were throw snowballs at Cade's back while he was trying to snowboard, eat snowballs, run down the hill after Cade and then lay down in the snow... right in the path of oncoming skiiers, and eat icicles off of the trees.

Here's Cade strapping on his snowboard!

Due to technical difficulties, the rest of this post will have to wait... :)

2 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

I love the pictures......Fun!

Lloyd Family said...

How fun!! Did Cade like snowboarding?