
In with the New!

Michael replaced our gas water heater a couple of weeks ago (first week of March) and we are LOVING being able to take more than a five minute shower and run the dishwasher and washing machine at the same time.
While replacing the gas line connections Michael had to go to Home Depot to pick up some new pieces and told the guy there what he needed and showed him the piece he had brought. The guy said "Oh, you're holding it backwards, it goes like this." Michael said "No, I took it out of there like this." Then they looked at the piece that had been installed backwards in our house 14 years ago or so and it had been sealed with PLUMBERS TAPE which corrodes in the presence of gas. They had had to use some kind of tape because neither connection fit (BACKWARDS!!). It was only a matter of time before we would have had a gas leak right next to our furnace. Hmmm.
Anyway, it is replaced now with the gas line installed correctly with no leaks and we have already seen a dramatic drop in our monthly gas bill.
Thanks Love for being such a great handyman-- he saved us over $200 on the installation!
5 comments:
What a man!!!!!
Yay for a new water heater! I love that about my house-I can run the dishwasher and the washing machine (on hot) AND take as long a hot shower as I want, with no noticable difference in temperature or water pressure.
Also, yay for people at the hardware store who help you not have gas leaks! That could have been quite disastrous.
Don't you love "handymen!!" One of my favorite things about Lance-- he's very functional-- as well as dang handsome!!
Angela- I have your authentic Peruvian handbag ready to mail! Send me your address. bird.jo@hotmail.com
Annie, why are you getting an authentic Peruvian handbag? Just curious. Did you find a new bed? Did you look at the swing set? Ahh, for a spare $100. Soon, I hope!
Love ya.
Post a Comment