Sunday, April 26, 2009

April Fools

Holy Molars Batman, it's already the end of April! I can't believe how fast this month has flown by, except for the fact that we have done SO MUCH this month... I have not had 5 minutes to blog about any of it, so it's going to come in installments. Too much fun to miss out on, beginning with April Fool's Day!!

I decided I better do something for April Fool's day and I saw some fun ideas to try out in Family Fun and online. While I was making our silly dinner I thought to myself: The kids don't know today from any other day, and if you don't spend the effort to make it different they would never know that you are a boring mom. Hmmm... I think I'll be a fun mom instead!

So, here was our dinner menu (I even got Michael on the juice!)

Red juice (jello in cups set up with a straw in them)

Main course:
Brownie w/ frosting (hamburger patty w/ mozzarella cheese melted on top)
Ice Cream w/ Caramel Sauce (mashed potatoes & gravy)
Cupcake (Corn muffin)


Dessert:
Fish Sticks & Ketchup (cream wafer cookies covered in peanut butter & rolled in cookie crumbs w/ strawberry jam to dip in)

Mixed Vegetables (swedish fish cut up & shaped to look like veggies)



The kids thought it was hilarious when I told them we were going to have dessert first because April Fools Day is a day where we do silly things. I told them to eat up all their brownies and ice cream and they took a few bites and Cade said "This isn't really a brownie! It's meat! and my ice cream is potatoes!" and I said "I got you! April Fools!" Cade and Brennan thought it was hilarious!

Here are the kids getting ready to pray.

Michael didn't realize until he went to pick up his glass that it wasn't really juice. He tried to move his straw to drink and it wouldn't move. Pretty neat trick!

Happy April Fool's Day :)

4 comments:

Lloyd Family said...

So cute! What a funny girl you are!! Great job painting mom and dad's garage while they were away. However did you manage the tall spots?

Lori Thornbrue said...

Fabulous fun!!! I LOVE it. Life should be fun......that's where the memories come from.

Lura said...

Very clever. I may have to try something fun next year for April Fool's Day. This year I was more of the attitude of "They don't know to play tricks on me today, so I'm not going to teach them!" You're braver than I am.

Andrea Hardman said...

Cute ideas. I love them. We'll have to try the juice next year.