Saturday, October 22, 2011

Family Pictures!

The undertaking of family pictures involving two adults and four children ages 6, 5, 3 and not quite 1 is quite overwhelming!! First you have to figure out what you want everyone to wear... then you have to figure out when to go shopping for any parts of the outfits that you need... and you actually have to FIND them at the store. I hate it when the idea in my head doesn't actually exist in the store. Then you have to make hair bows for the little girlies, and matching shoes for the baby. Then you have to find a day when you have time to bathe everyone, do everyone's hair, have all the clothes ironed, get everyone ready, have it be beautiful outside, and actually make it to the location before the baby or anyone else is exhausted and ready for a nap. THEN you have to set up the camera equipment, configure it to work with the remote, get everyone situated and smiling and looking at the camera................................. because YES we are that crazy to take our own family photos.

We had two takes of photos-- once at Layton Park (found below) and once at Wheeler Farm (will have to share later, they're still on the camera card). We took over 200 photos. Many of them were cute, but only a handful actually had everyone looking in the right direction, smiling for real, no tongues out, eyes open, no crazy shadows filtering through the autumn leaves....

So, without further ado, here are some of my favorites!



Now that we have photos my job is to crop and edit them and then get them blown up to frame-able sizes so I can FINALLY have a current family photo on my living room wall! All I can say is, the kids and ESPECIALLY Michael were very patient and tolerant of my need for getting a good family picture. Of course, feeding the ducks and taking a hay ride at Wheeler Farm was a good motivator too!

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Cute picture!! I want to see more. P.S. Can you buy a camera remote and set it up to a camera like ours, or does it have to come with one? It seems convenient. We took our pictures with the timer and Alex running to get in the shot!! :)

Michaelangelo said...

I bought the remote for about $14 on Amazon, you just change the release settings in the main menu to remote :) FABULOUS for self portraits!

Malia Sebastian said...

I LOVE these pictures! What a beautiful family.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Fantastic.

Lloyd Family said...

My fav is the one of you guys in the tree. I feel the same about family photos. Why I always think of the idea in the Fall and not in the Spring, I dont know. Football season is not condusive for doing anything else as a family.