Front yard: The only thing that was here was the tree. We've put in the brick flower beds, all the dirt, and other plants. My daylilies are about to bloom!! And we hate the tree-- it was so pretty first thing this spring with green leaves and cute little white flowers... then it had the audacity to turn purple. Purple trees are depressing to me.... so, hopefully we'll be replacing that one soon.
Back yard: The retaining wall that we built is 50 feet wide (actually 67 because of the curves), and 18 inches high. Do the math-- that's 268 bricks at 25 lbs each for a total of 6700 lbs of bricks that I moved mostly by myself, and 2 dumptruck loads of dirt to fill it-- 30 cubic yards of the stuff. It will be SO nice when there are trees and plants in there. :)

Another truck load of dirt (15 more cubic yards) was spread all over the lawn areas, raising them up 2-6 inches. Can't wait until it's all done!!
3 comments:
How exciting! I can't wait to see it when it is green. :D
I like green trees better than purple ones too. But I must say that a purple tree is better than no tree in my book.
Anxiously awaiting the green.....and your front flower beds are beautiful, as is your strawberry bed. Can't wait for trees in the backyard. That will be HEAVENLY!!!
Nice! I LOVE your flowers!
Post a Comment