We went to Gardner Village on Friday with Katie and Brock to see the Witches. I thought there would be some good photo ops there, so I put the kids in their new Halloween shirts and brought the nice camera along. Enjoy!


Checking out the witch flying on her bicycle! The pedals and back wheel were really going...


Really, could there be a cuter face?


Cadence-- isn't he getting so tall?

Brennan... I get asked a lot if the boys are twins :)

Silly Brennan loves the water! Cute grin!

Cadence is making a scary face!

This is EmmaRay's "Cheese" face that she pulls when I get out the camera.


Fall Family Photo!

It was a little too heavy, but she tried hard to pick it up!
We took a Ride to a Witch (a little tractor pulled hayride out to the witch's house).


This witch is named Brazilla... who in real life is my friend Brandie (the YW's President). She competed in "So you think you're a witch?" and won 2nd runner up! She plays such a fun character! And just look at that costume!

We're going to have to start Stranger Danger lessons with EmmaRay! Here she is in the Cockroach Graveyard (after this photo the witch "Mildew Rose" handed EmmaRay the bone and she dug in the dirt with it.) She let the witches hold her, held their hands, touched anything they held out.... meanwhile Cadence was very timid and Brennan was pretty much terrified, although he managed not to cry.... too much!

At the end of our tour of the witches house and yard, including playing "Batminton" and seeing the witches bathtub filled with pond scum, their dragon armpit hair noodles, and poisoned apple serum, as well as lots of bugs, broomsticks, cobwebs, and everything else witchy, Brandie knelt down in front of the boys who were pretty scared and said in her real voice, not the British/Witchy accent she had been using, "Did you know that I'm Georgie's mom and I'm just wearing a funny costume?" I think they felt a little better after that... :)

Here's one of the funny witch statues that are on display all over the village. The boys were okay with these ones... What we didn't know about going to Gardner Village on this day was that it was "Witches Night Out" so as we were walking around finding all the witches and taking pictures we started noticing more and more people with witch costumes on-- I'm talking very elaborate costumes, not just a witch hat. By the time we left after our hayride the place was PACKED with witches. I so wanted to get a picture of hundreds of witches with pointy hats and striped stockings standing in lines for food, but by then Brennan was DONE being around witches and we left to go home.
This little excursion definitely got us in the mood for Halloween!!
11 comments:
Seems like such a fun place.
What a fun day! How far was the drive? I remember going to Salem, MA during October. That was pretty fun, too.
Allie, this place is about 10 minutes from our house in the middle of the city :) It was a lot of fun!
Very, very fun! cool.........
Fun! I wish I had more time for fun things like that. I feel like I work on homework forever and have no other life from that.
Angela, that looks like a blast. I was going to ask if you get the twins question often. We get it all the time, too. I tell them that I always wanted twins so this is how my wish was fulfilled. My kids would have been terrified of the witches. Your little ones did great!
Cute!! I like Halloween because of the color Orange!! I think it is such a cute color. I love the picture of EmmaRay trying to pick up the pumpkin. Too cute!
Absolutely darling pictures!
Cute kids! I like the matching shirts. I think Joshua would have been among the "terrified" at such a place. :) Remember when we used to help at the Scarecrow Festival? I loved that!
All very cute!
I get the twins question a lot too. I think your boys definitely look alike, but there is an obvious age difference.
Oh yeah, I already commented. But I really like those Halloween shirts. Orange is my favorite color!! I have 8 orange shirts. It's pretty awesome.
How's life? What are your kids being for Halloween? I'm assuming you're making their costumes!! You are so talented. I'm jealous. My only talent right now is feeling like a lazy bum. Jk. I do a lot, but all it is is homework.....I don't really have tangible proof that I did something productive. Oh well!!
Love ya!
Post a Comment