Here we are in San Francisco... actually our last night here. We arrived Friday and have been all over the place since then, and we are leaving tomorrow morning for Yosemite National Park. Michael had a work conference in San Jose Monday and Tuesday which he said was great and worth every penny that his company paid for him to come to (good thing, it was about 5k!).
We've seen all the sights that SF has to offer. Mostly it's just a big overcrowded run down city with way too many cars and never enough parking. Not really impressed with Fisherman's Wharf or Pier 39- it's just a big overpriced shopping district. And Chinatown's crummy little stores and restaurants left something to be desired.... But, we have thoroughly enjoyed the Golden Gate and Bay Bridges, the Oakland Temple, Lombard street, numerous beaches, sea lions and pelicans, cool architecture, hills and trolleys, and even giant redwood trees.
It's been interesting driving around the city. For our birthdays this year Michael and I got each other a GPS and let me tell you how much time, pain and suffering it has alleviated in the first week of its use! Make a wrong turn, no problem. Within seconds you hear "Recalculating..." and then it tells you how to get back on the right track. Fabulous. It also saves me a lot of trouble as I'm usually the navigator on trips. Not all roads are in my atlas, so the GPS has been great, and I could drive around by myself while Michael was at the conference. Now all I have to do is punch in the address or attraction we want to see and shazam, off we go.
We are very excited for Yosemite-- better go repack the car while all the kids are sleeping!!
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am glad it has been a great trip. I like Lombard street......and it used to be that San Francisco was a beautiful city. Isn't it sad when things run down.....it isn't just the buildings, but the whole moral decay. Glad you're having fun!
We love our GPS. Worth every cent.
Geran had to get a GPS for work and I love it too! My mom told me that it's against the law in CA to use a GPS;) Stupid, I don't get it but whatever! I'm glad you are having fun. We went to SF a couple of years ago and I thought it was fascinating. You're right about it being overcrowded though!
Thank you for catching that typo! And we loved our GPS until is was stolen (we were loading our car at my mom's house when it happened).
Hi! Miss you! Glad you're having a good adventure --Lisa
Post a Comment