Sunday, July 19, 2009

Quick Update

Been WAY too busy this summer so far to spend much time blogging, so here's a brief update:

#1 favorite thing to do this summer: SWIM! Both Cadence and Brennan are confident enough now in the water to swim around (with their life jackets on) by themselves, which means I can take all three kids during the day by myself. By take I mean go out in the backyard :) EmmaRay LOVES the water and the hardest thing about taking her swimming is holding on to her while she jumps and kicks.

#1 least favorite thing to do but it's almost done: Weed the garden. Spent all day Friday weeding our garden and replanting it because a lot of things didn't come up or if they did it got too hot too fast for them and they "bolted" (ok, I know it's the middle of July but hey, the Pioneers didn't plant gardens until August their first year here, so we still have a chance). I have the raspberries, 6 feet of flower garden, and a once-over on the strawberries left to do before I can say that the yard is weeded. Did I mention it was 99 degrees out on Friday and our garden is in full sun all day? Yeah, I sweat more than I ever have in my LIFE! So glad for that shower at the end of the day!!

We had a big BBQ last night with all of Michael's family, my mom, sister Lisa and my Grandma Thornbrue over. It was a blast even though the house was completely crowded and thrashed. Love it when we can all get together! One thing I've learned-- I need more dishes!

Michael put together Cade's new bike Friday night, so Cade is loving learning to ride a two wheeler (with training wheels of course). He thinks it's funny that he can't ride it backwards like his Trike. Meanwhile Brennan is loving having a bigger trike to ride, and EmmaRay wishes she could reach the pedals of Brennan's little trike. Love handmedowns :)

We are looking forward to our trip to San Jose and San Francisco coming up next month. Michael's work is sending him to a conference there, so we turned it into a week long family vacation by taking off 3 days of work. I'm so excited to play at the beach again this summer! We didn't know we'd be lucky enough to take 2 California vacations this year!!

Oh, our other exciting news is that we are FINALLY having someone start to repair our flooded basement starting Wednesday this week. Even in this bad economy for construction contractors we couldn't get anyone to even come look at our basement for the longest time. We are very excited to get our basement back!! The guy who is coming to do the sheetrock this week actually broke our bathroom countertop/sink when he came to measure, so he's throwing in some plumbing work for free from where the restoration guys hit our SEWER line while cutting out the sheetrock. Wonderful fun.

Other than that we're just hanging out at home, busy with church callings, kids, house, yard- you know the drill. Hope you're all having a great summer too!

5 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

Glad you are having a busy summer. That makes it fun.......And TWO vacations. Aren't you lucky?
Love you.......mom
Plus, you can always come to our beach.....it's pretty fun, too.

Allie Thornbrue said...

Your house has so many horror stories. Run for your lives!

Lori Thornbrue said...

Annie, I feel really stupid I couldn't sew those beads on the wedding dress correctly. That seems like something that I should be able to do just fine. Maybe it was just a weird day?
Sure love you,
Mom

angel said...

Glad you're having a fun summer. I'm about to invest in a wading pool. It is HOT here.

Lori Thornbrue said...

Well, I'm ready for a new post :)