This weekend we had Michael's parents down to help us fix Michael's new car (thanks!) and so Michael could help them with their new computer (which they are going to return thanks to Vista not working with any of their old programs).
I made a cake for my friend Brandie (the YW president) because her birthday was yesterday. It was Silver White cake marbled with chocolate, with vanilla frosting and chocolate mousse (from scratch!) filling. I made chocolate swirls and big flowers out of orange chocolate fondue that hardened. It was such a cute cake! I took it to church and the girls begged to eat it, so we did (at 9:15 AM!)
Then yesterday afternoon I made a similar cake except with pink frosting and different flowers for the middle for my sister Lisa's birthday. Putting it in the car proved to be disastrous as the chocolate mousse was so soft that the top cake layer started to slide off. But, it was scrumptious as well.
I took pictures of the cakes like I always do, took pictures of EmmaRay being cute, and was going to take more pictures last night when I realized that I had forgotten to put the MEMORY CARD back into the camera after I cleared it off a few days ago. The camera takes two Demo pictures at a time, does not store them anywhere, and erases them when you turn the camera off. Silly me, but now I'm sad.
Really, I've already gotten over it. I just had to share this so you could all see how sometimes my brain doesn't function very well :)
In other news, we're back to the regular grind of another week after a fun party with friends and family this weekend. Thanks for playing with us!!
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hate it when that happens!
So sad. I hate that.
Love you baby girl
Hey Jeff and I would like to be added to Saras list of people to see her blog. our email address is charbareclark@yahoo.com Can you pass that on to her?
Post a Comment