I realize that Thanksgiving is next week.... but this is how busy I've been since Halloween!! But, I didn't want everyone to miss out on the kids in their cute costumes. Besides, I worked way too hard on these costumes to not show them off :)
In case you can't tell, we were the Peter Pan ensemble for Halloween. Cadence was Peter Pan, Daddy was Captain Hook, Mommy was Smee, EmmaRay was Tinkerbell, and Brennan was the Crocodile. We had a lot of fun!! Here are the boys at the ward trunk or treat the night before Halloween.
I tried to make Halloween Day as fun as possible for the kids. In the morning they put on the pirate eyepatches all by themselves, got out Peter Pan's little dagger sword and Brennan grabbed Captain Hook's long sword (from Zorro last year...) and they had a sword fight. It was so funny. So here they are saying "Aaarr!"
I tried to make Halloween Day as fun as possible for the kids. In the morning they put on the pirate eyepatches all by themselves, got out Peter Pan's little dagger sword and Brennan grabbed Captain Hook's long sword (from Zorro last year...) and they had a sword fight. It was so funny. So here they are saying "Aaarr!"
Then in the afternoon they got to paint their pumpkins. We didn't have time for carving, or we would have done that... But the kids loved painting them! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Rigby for growing these pumpkins in your garden and sharing with us! Notice the lack of clothing-- so much easier to wash paint off of skin than out of clothes!! Both pumpkins actually did have a face, but of course they got painted over before the kids were done so they just looked like greenish brown blobs sitting on the front porch. All in fun.
After painting pumpkins we hurried and got dressed up in costumes and Michael came home from working on the other house (he had the day off! Hooray for every other fridays!!) and then we went Trick or Treating to his work. Thanks Universal Accounting!! They definitely know how to spoil the kids. Both buckets were filled by the time we went around there.After that we went downtown-ish to 9th South and 9th East to a shopping district that was supposed to be having a huge Halloween event... it wasn't worth driving down there and back, but we had fun anyway. Michael's parents came down for the weekend and we met up with them there.
Little Crocodile Brennan did such a good job all day walking around in his big crocodile feet (actually they were frog feet from Cade's first Halloween costume. I already made green feet once, no need to do it again!!) Plus he was dragging his tail. So cute!! (I guess you should know that I didn't use a single pattern for any of the costumes. I made it up as I went along.)
The best part about that street fair was the balloons! EmmaRay thoroughly enjoyed hers! And the boys loved theirs... until one of them decided to "go see the stars" later that night.
Finally here's all of us together, minus Captain Hook's hook. It didn't really fit on Michael's hand, but we tried anyway :)
After the street fair we went out to dinner which is funny when you're all dressed up. We walked into Wingers and were asked if we were trick or treating or if we wanted to eat. We said "We're here to eat, but if you're offering treats we'll take you up on that too." They gave the kids a little treat at the end of the meal.Then we figured since we were already on that side of town we should go to Aunt Julie's house and trick or treat there. She's recovering from hammer toe surgery (ouch!). It was fun to see her, and then as we were driving away Chris and Rachel with Batman Topher (Michael's cousin and his family) showed up so we got to see them on a drive by.
We stopped at Grandma and Grandpa Thornbrue's for a few minutes and let the kids run around. Tinkerbell enjoyed the crawl time. By this time it was getting to be after 8pm, so we decided to do one last stop at Aunt Lisa's house to visit her (see her blog for those pictures-- she got a good one of all of us together) and then we went home and got the kids to bed by 9:15. It was a fun day and I think the kids had a Happy Halloween!
A few days later a little boy in our neighborhood (he's 9 and likes to come and play at our house and help us rake leaves) stopped by and said "I came trick or treating on your street and your neighbor's house had a sign that said "My candy is next door" so I came here but you didn't answer your door. So where's my candy?" Our neighbor always goes to be with her grandkids on Halloween and brings us a bag of candy to hand out-- we always take it to the trunk or treat and pass it out because we're always gone on Halloween too. I gave him a piece of candy and burst out laughing after I closed the door. Kids are so funny!
3 comments:
Thanks, Annie! Sounds like it was a really fun day! Way to go with the costumes! I loved it when I invented Joshua's pumpkin costume and had it turn out so great. It's exciting.
Wow! What a fun-filled day. The costumes are great. You are amazing.
Great costumes. I am not so crafty to make such cute costumes. Funny neighborhood kid, too!
Post a Comment