Monday, July 21, 2008

Wedding Cake

Here are pictures of the wedding cake that I did for one of Kristen's friends (Amy) a week ago. It was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting (hence the off-white color)- including 21 cups of shredded carrots!! My arm was tired after that (thanks Mom for helping me!!) The flowers are Gerber Daisies and roses. I was told red, orange and yellow for the flowers. The last picture is of her bouquet- somehow I matched the shades perfectly!! I think it turned out pretty. What do you think?
This effect is called Cornelli Lace. I think it adds a lot to a cake.
Spun glass Jordan River Temple on the top. I needed it to be an inch taller, so I set it on little ribbon-wrapped pillars. It gave it the effect of "floating" because I put flowers all the way underneath.
I had an epiphany the morning of the wedding that I needed to make some leaves (I had all the flowers done for weeks before). I think the leaves added a lot!!
The bride and her mom found the cake stands- they are actually pillar candle holders and candle plates. Worked perfectly!
Here's her gerber daisy and stephanotis bouquet. Pretty colors.
Anyway, that was my 2nd wedding cake adventure. #3 is already in the works... somehow I need to figure out how to make a gum paste sunflower. We'll see...

7 comments:

Andrea Hardman said...

Those are absolutly beautiful cakes! What a fantastic talent. I love to play with cake-making but I don't do the amazing stuff like this. It is wonderful. And with yummy frosting, too. No gross fondant! Yay.

Lloyd Family said...

Beautiful job on the cake! Are you ready for another? I would finish one and say "NO MORE" for at least a year. You are amazing.

Lori Thornbrue said...

These cakes are so, so so beautiful.........

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are officially amazing!! Thank you for being so willing to jump into mine. I wish I could be there so I could help you make flowers and everything....but alas, as soon as I'm done here, I have to go back to school!! Hmm.
Ha, Jarom just talked in his sleep...."Berum hum oh yeah". Funny kid.
Ok, well, thank you for everything you do/are doing. I don't know how I would do it without everyones help. That's what family is for, right?!!! Well, it makes me feel very blessed.
Love ya!

angel said...

Wow! You are amazing. What beautiful cakes!

Allie Thornbrue said...

I love cornelli lace. I did that on my brother's cake four years ago. I still love it. And I really like the stands.

The Clarks said...

Great job on the cake Annie! I used to decorate cakes too. People would order them from me in high school. I haven't done it in a long time...makes me want to try one!
Jenny