Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Banister is Done!!

This project took me two January's and part of a February to complete, but I just finished it!  And I love it.  And all the hours were worth it.

First, enjoy the before pictures...  these were taken before we moved in to the house in August 2014.



Approximately 7-10 days were spent staining the woodwork-- cleaning and sanding, three coats of gel stain, touchups, 3 coats of topcoat.  Then came the spindles.  Michael said I should just stain it all, and he was right, it would have saved a lot of time and trouble.... but I really had my heart set on white spindles.  138 oak spindles, about 10 minutes of painting per spindle per coat times 3 coats....  30 minutes X 138 spindles = 69 hours of painting white!!! 

But the AFTER pictures make it totally worth it (notice also the wall color changes-- everything you see in these pictures has been painted in the last 2 years.)













Isn't it beautiful?  I love it!  And I love it even more that it's finally DONE!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks amazing great job hun