Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Christmas Time!

 Christmas is almost here.... can't believe it!  Krinkle made his yearly debut on the Santa that my mom made us last year.  He's been making his way around the house and keeping the kids on Santa's Nice list.
The kids earned Christmas money all month doing chores (like 3 cents for clearing the table, 4 cents for keeping their room clean, 12 cents for folding and putting away a load of laundry), and yesterday I took them Christmas shopping so they could buy gifts for each other.  Luckily we had a great checker who didn't mind being paid in pennies in three different transactions.  He thought the kids were adorable.  I apologize in advance to any recipients of the gifts that Cade and Brennan have made.... they did it on their own and didn't let me help, supervise or even see what they made.  Remember what President Uchtdorf said at the Christmas Devotional-- please be a grateful recipient  :)  The kids and parents have also been keeping track of service we've been doing all month long by writing on paper ornaments that the kids made.  We'll read them all on Christmas Eve.  We are hoping this will become a new family tradition that will keep us thinking of how we can love and serve others and be more Christlike at Christmastime and all year long.  Here are the kids making those ornaments and paper chains:






Here's the new wreath I made for the front door-- I love that crazy floral mesh.  Easy peasy and FUN!

Santa came to our ward party-- the kids were super excited!
 All the kids sat nicely and listened to Santa read a story and a poem, and then waited patiently until every child had his own turn.
 When I put EmmaRay to bed later that night she grinned at me and said "I can't even believe I saw Santa today and sat on his lap!"  Pretty magical stuff.


 Santa (the very real one) asked the audience if Cade was there.  Cade raised his hand.  Santa told him that he just got an email from the elf with Cade's letter, and he just wanted Cade to know he got it.  Ummm, wow!  And when Cade was sitting on his lap he asked how Krinkle was doing at our house.  Thanks for making the magic Santa!

 Brennan was super cute sitting on Santa's lap too-- he asked for a stuffed elf. 

 Adelynn liked the idea until she got to this point..... uh oh!
 This is the best picture we got....
 Merry Christmas Santa!
We baked our own Gingerbread houses on Sunday and made some kits of the pieces and treats and gave them out to people in our ward to make.  We kept some for ourselves too.  The kids thought it was a blast, but Adelynn's reaction was the best.  She thought it was so funny, she laughed and laughed every time she put a candy on her little house.







The countdown to Christmas is only at a mere 6 days away!!  Life has been crazy busy at the Rigby house this month (when is it not???)  Since Thanksgiving (which was hosted at our house) we have moved the business from our 3000sqft warehouse into a 9000sqft warehouse, gotten 3 out of 4 semi loads of new inventory, set up billions of shelves, exchanged the forklift for a bigger one, did I mention painting the new office and cleaning the filthy bathroom?  Cade got baptized and had a birthday party on his Birthday, which is another post for another day.  The kids reached their 100th day of school yesterday.  Cade started Cub Scouts yesterday with a caroling activity.  Michael helped with tithing settlement and other bishopric things.... the list keeps on going.  Needless to say, I haven't finished our annual Christmas video, haven't sent out even one Christmas card, haven't wrapped a single gift yet (though I am 99% done with the shopping)...  'Tis the Season!!  Trying to be jolly!
Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It has been a busy month....or more. LOVE your post. With the house/work/etc., etc., I haven't really done much shopping (a couple of online things, but nothing at a store yet).....and my 'making' stopped when we moved and started the clean up, fix up. I figured people will get what they get, it was all made with love, and some other year they can get more :) I made about 1/4 of what I planned. Tomorrow is baking day....And that is that! Your children are beautiful and your family precious to me.

Kristen said...

Sounds super busy!! I had a pretty big list of stuff I wanted to get done, but a few years ago I realized that it's not worth getting stressed out; if stuff doesn't get done, too bad!!! Looks like most of your stuff was fun or necessary, though! It's better to be busy than bored. We'll come play with you on Saturday!!!

Stephanie said...

You're amazing. I love the paper chains. We might have to adopt that for next year now that Wes can read and write.