A little project that started out as a great idea in my head...... now almost 2 years later is finally done, for now (cuz kids don't quit growing!!)
And there you have it, our new Gallery Wall that takes up the entire wall in the toy room (front room of the house). Why did it take me 2 years??? Well I'll tell you.... first I had to find outfits for the kids, then I took their pictures. Then I took more pictures because the first ones weren't so happy. Then I had a baby. So I took pictures of her. Then it was Christmas time and I was a new YW's President with 3 kids and a newborn... Then I had a great idea for outfits for the little girls, so I made them matching headbands and took more pictures (see where I'm going with this?). Then I decided that we needed family pictures, so I put together outfits for those, and we went and took pictures... but the lighting wasn't right, so we did take 2. Then it was Christmas time (again) and life was crazy. And then Easter came rolling around and I thought it would be great to take spring photos of the kids... but spring is pretty bleak in Utah so first I had to make a photo backdrop... and more outfits and headbands, and a cute stool for the baby to sit on.
Then I finally went through all those photos that I had taken, chose my very favorite ones, had them printed, and then started shopping for frames. I wanted all the frames to be coordinating, but not matchy matchy. And I hate to pay full price for anything, so I shopped around. A lot. One of the baby photos I wanted on canvas, but online companies wouldn't allow me to crop it right, so I ended up learning how to make a photo on canvas myself. Pretty awesome and easy if you can get it to not wrinkle going through the printer and putting it on the canvas. And one of the photos of EmmaRay was an 8x12-- standard size according to the photo printing place, not so standard when finding a frame. So I made one myself (the aqua one). Finally all the photos were framed and waiting patiently on the floor waiting to be put up, but we went on vacation. We came back, I dusted the frames all off and hung them up this week.
And I love it. Even though it took 2 years to actually make it happen. I'm hoping now that I can just take new photos and swap them out as the kids grow. And maybe add a few more favorites to the wall because I like looking at my cute little kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment