Today was Adelynn's 1st Birthday. She celebrated by learning to say "Wow!" and "Cool!" while opening her presents! We had a small family party for her tonight with my mom, sister Sara and her 4 kiddos, and us. Last week we celebrated with Grandma and Grandpa Rigby, Aunt Jenna and Great-Aunt Julie. Both parties were low-key, casual, and perfect!
Adelynn was so sweet opening her presents. At first she wasn't sure what it was all about, but then she figured out that there were fun things hidden in that wrapping paper. It makes me giddy to think how she's going to be on Christmas!
She loves the fun popping ball toy from Julie, the singing/interactive dog from grandma & grandpa Rigby, the bus from her cousins, her little chickies from aunt Lisa, her embroidered pillow from Grandma Thornbrue (picture & lettering by EmmaRay about 5 months ago), her fairy doll and mailbox from us.
Brennan and EmmaRay wrapped up some of their toys in scrap paper for her too, which was really adorable. What a spoiled sweet little girl!
Then of course it was time for chocolate cake! We sang Happy Birthday to Adelynn and she joined in "singing" too-- she really is the cutest!
A giant piece, all for me???
Mmmmmmmm, that was good!
She was a LOT messier last week for her first celebration. But today she thoroughly enjoyed the cake-- she wouldn't even share with her brothers!Here are some pictures from last week's extravaganza:

I told you she was messy....
I had to do the cleanup after. Eeeeew!!
Happy Birthday baby girl!!
3 comments:
Holy cow! It's been a year already? Well, happy birthday, cute girl (love that smile).
I just also wanted to say that when I see your cute kids I see where my sister, Carrie, came from (she's blond and blue eyed and some of her kids look like yours). :)
Darling. Fun party!!!
Adorable!
Post a Comment