Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Adelynn Meets the Family

Life is pretty crazy with a newborn and holiday time... so sorry these pictures have been so delayed!

Adelynn got to meet her Grandpa and Grandma Rigby, and Aunt Jenna and Uncle Justin (how did I miss getting a picture of you two???) when she was about six hours old.
They stayed and held her for an hour or so, then had to get going back to Idaho. I must say it was pretty good timing to have the baby while they were in town.

I was so excited to have the next visitors come to meet the baby.
Cadence, Brennan and EmmaRay walked in and immediately got huge grins on their faces and said "Is that our baby sister???" EmmaRay said "Let's take her home so she can wear her baby sister pajamas!" She has been going through the baby's clothes for a couple of weeks holding them up and saying "These are for my baby sister! Let's get her so she can wear 'em!" So adorable!

My parents and sister Lisa were there too. (Seriously bad with the camera-- didn't get a picture of my dad or Lisa holding the baby at all!) Each kid had a turn (or several turns) holding the baby and they loved it!
EmmaRay giving kisses.
Cadence the biggest brother!
Brennan loves Adelynn!
Our first family picture with all six of us!Aw, I love my cute little family!

My mom stayed at the hospital with me that night so Michael could go home to be with the kids and get some good rest. Thanks again Mom for roughing it at the un-restful hospital with me! I kid you not, the nurses or phlebotomist or anesthesiologist or CNA's were in the room every half hour or hour at least all. night. long. Between them and feeding the baby I got zero sleep.... again. I don't know why they wouldn't leave us alone, but it was fairly ridiculous when the nurses took the baby for vitals at midnight, came in at 2am to ask if the baby was eating or had any diapers changed, came in at 3 to take my vitals, then the hearing test lady came in at 4am, then I just was getting to sleep at 4:45 and someone comes to take my blood, then the epidural doctor comes in at 5:30 to do a follow up, then the nurses come in to do vitals at six, and if that isn't bad enough, the maintenance people came in at 6:30 to empty the garbages. How do they expect new moms to get any rest or healing done in the hospital??? By morning I just wanted to go home... and I wanted to take this sweet baby with me!


Side note: It took a LOT of soaking to get that little bow off of her head-- who knew corn syrup would be so impossibly sticky?

3 comments:

Lori Thornbrue said...

She is one gorgeous baby........

Brenbren said...

What a great Christmas gift:)

Lura said...

What a beautiful little girl!